Sign in to follow this  
Bowhunter444

Great Day!

First thing that happened today was I found out I was hired full time with Manalapan DPW which I have been working for part-time. After finding out that news I decided to hit one of my treestands and try to put some venison in the freezer, as this year with Sandy hitting us I was working 60hr work weeks and not getting anytime in the woods. My freezer is almost empty. The first excitement of the evening was having 6 longbeards come into my bait all were nice mature birds. they hung around feeding for an hour. next was a little after five had six deer come in The maternal doe gave me a quartering away shot at 15 yrd but as I came to full draw she sensed something not right and took off, I knew the other deer would be right behind her so i quickly pick out another and settle the pin and let it rip. The shot was true and the deer only went 40 yrd. the only bad point was it was a button buck but still dressed at 62lbs. Much needed venison in the freezer!

DCP_0816_zpsc9ac946e.jpg

Those Button bucks are a problem.. I dont like taking them but they are often the size of a decent doe and its hard to tell the difference.. to me the only Indicator is they tend to be the first to a bait pile and don’t spook nearly as easily as the older deer.... eh, :whatever: