IGNORED

Successful stalk

JerseyJaysTaxidermy

Decided to spend tonight stalking in the wind. Was a great day to walk, being the leaves were wet and the wind was loud.

I still hunted along a creek tonight, and had a few opportunities at a small buck and some nice sized does.

I got a short film with my phone but grabbed some snapshots off the video to share here

Ended up having 5 does/fawns and a spike within 30 yards for about 15 mins. They never knew I was standing there up again a tree watching.

514dce49b82ea3159b268e9214a99872.jpg9713a7df097a525638b308d186d20120.jpgd8de4bb872c4b6d24163903414e6252e.jpg

and these were the bucks I hoped to bump into...but needless to say, I did not lol

324e6590c9b4f0078c4f863d0c94e77f.jpg

Although I didn't shoot at any, I chalk it up as successful. I had a good time, due to lack of time in the woods this season, I was able to scout and hunt at the same time. I found some good sign and know where I will be setting a stand next week.

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com

Edited by JerseyJaysTaxidermy

These conditions make stalking cornfields a blast. We just don't have any cornfields on our leases this year :/

I've walked up to many deer bedded in the corn on windy days.

I've probably shot close to 50% of the deer I've got by stalking.. cause when I was younger if I seen a deer across a field working it's way down the edge I would hop down and go cut it off using the creek bed as a place to hide as I walked a few hundred yards.

I stalk the creek too many times when it's icy with fresh snow on it .. prime time just slowly walk the creeks as I come to each bend I peek around and I know where all the common crossings are.

Love it

http://www.jerseyjaystaxidermy.com