Rusty

Pledge of Allegiance

Well' date=' I can see this subject discussion is causing an issue and it can only escalate due to the subject matter that is as, or more, volatile than gun rights! I am not pushing my beliefs on anyone, nor am I eliciting challenges by stating derogatory remarks aimed at the "majority," just because I can.

I will leave this discussion with a very clever anecdote that follows below. It's a bit long, but if you read it in it's entirety I think everyone, even those without "God issues" will find it very thought provoking and leave you with a smile. I'll bet you a box of bullets that you will smile at some point while reading it!

Subject: Fw: God vs Science

.....Removed to make this shorter.....

PS: the student was Albert Einstein

Albert Einstein wrote a book titled God vs. Science in 1921...

[/quote']

False. Accuracy always counts.

http://www.snopes.com/religion/einstein.asp

Einstein rejected "labels," but he surely was not a believer.

False. Accuracy always counts.

Whether he was a believer or not is not really the issue. Somebody may have placed his name on it for the "effect" apparently.

Whether it was Einstein or Gandhi, or some obscure author, it doesn't really matter. The point is the thought provocation that the story elicits. And, the author didn't necessarily have to be a believer, he was just arguing the possibilities from a scientific standpoint, or lack thereof!

Whether it was Einstein or Gandhi' date=' or some obscure author, it doesn't really matter.

[/quote']

I respectfully disagree. The opening statement emphasized the person who had this debate/encounter. Being that it was Einstein, the intent was to mislead the reader by suggesting a highly respected man of science believed something, so therefore everyone else should as well. The intent is to invoke a feeling of "Who are we to judge a man like Einstein?"

The story about Einstein is an ad hominem argument and should be considered deceitful at best.

Had it not been attributed to Einstein, I probably would have been able to agree with your principle.

I respectfully disagree.

Likewise Mack. You can't disregard a statement strictly due to the person that said it. Yes, the "hook" if you will, was Einstein, but the content and thought provocation was the same no matter.

The first line, and last line, have no bearing on the content, other than to get you to read it. Just like any other sales pitch where the advertisement attempts to get you to try the product and then the hope is that the product will then sell itself.

So, how's your hunting season going? LOL

That sucks.

I managed to kill a 5 pt earlier this week. Called it a season after that, but I'm itchin again! May get out for the last two days. Hopefully your incident will be forgotten soon enough and you'll be ready to go next season.

I'm sure I will be fine. More disgusted with the fact that I rushed a shot on a pretty nice buck than anything else.

Congrats on the 5pt.! (pics or it didn't happen! lol)

(pics or it didn't happen! lol)

Had to go there didn't you?!!! LOL

I didn't post it on the other threads asking about is anyone still hunting and the like, because the only pic I have is fairly graphic. Not sure how this new site will view it. But since you "called" me on it, I will post a pic and if the mods think it's too much I would hope they will quickly remove it. And then I can blame you for it! LOL

photo (2).JPG

270 Winchester.

Ha! You guys are killin me LOL

If you must know, 125 gr. Slick Trick Mag. 1 1/4" blades. Bowtech SF crossbow. That's the exit you're seeing. Fairly hard quartering away at 20 yds. I was up 20'. He ran about 70 yds. Got one lung and top of heart.

I'm glad you guys stole this thread and started taking Huntn!!!!!!

Thankz!!!!!!

I'm glad you guys stole this thread

Well then, let’s get this thread back on track. ;)

If there is no God then who was right, Hitler or our Founding Fathers?

According to the Declaration of Independence. . . .

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights.”

If there is no God than this statement is false, we are the result of natural selection, and Hitler was right.

Leading Nazis and German biologists revealed in their writings that Darwin’s theory of Natural Selection had a major influence on their race policies. Hitler believed that the human gene pool should be improved by removing those that are inferior, just as nature intended.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Now...there are approximately 3 1/2 hours left of the bow season...get out and enjoy what our creator made for us!!

You're kidding right...?

About bringing it back to the original topic or specifically about what I wrote?

If you're referring to what I wrote about Hitler you should visit the Holocaust Memorial Museum in DC and check out the section on the science behind racism.

Or better yet, check out Ben Stein's movie "Expelled".

Try as you might, you'll be having this argument with yourself!

What argument? I think you read a little too quickly and jumped to conclusions.

Based on your anecdote about evil I think it's safe to say that you and I are on the same side of this issue.

I'm glad you guys stole this thread

Well then, let’s get this thread back on track. ;)

If there is no God then who was right, Hitler or our Founding Fathers?

According to the Declaration of Independence. . . .

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights.”

If there is no God than this statement is false, we are the result of natural selection, and Hitler was right.

Leading Nazis and German biologists revealed in their writings that Darwin’s theory of Natural Selection had a major influence on their race policies. Hitler believed that the human gene pool should be improved by removing those that are inferior, just as nature intended.

It always goes back to Hitler...lol

Sent from my Windows Phone using Foroplex