JHbowhunter

How do you carry climber with a backpack?

i dont carry anything in the woods anymore just a bow and a climber if im using one that day but when i hunted muzzleloader and up north for bear id carry the backpack on my chest like a parachute and the stand on my back.if i was gonna hunt the area again in the am id leave the stand there overnight

• Agree 1

My pack has only on strap.  You put it around your neck and shoulder like a purse.  You put your climber on your back and then just sling your pack on.  It hangs right under my right elbow/side.  I can get stuff out of it while I am walking.  I use it even when I am not carrying a tree stand. Just slide it around to get stuff out without taking it off.  It also has a waist belt that you can also use in conjunction with the strap.  Called a sling pack . Got mine from LL bean , if you don't like it send it back.  Best customer service I have ever encountered.32f38079d1b2c2f30432d240ec469a3f.jpg

Edited by Nomad
  • Agree 1

I've done it every way possible. I usually strap the back pack to the stand and carry. Sometimes one strap on each shoulder and sometimes back pack on back, bow in one hand and stand in the other. The LW packs flat enough, its easy to carry

Tom good to see you on here - please post in the LIVE HUNT sections when  you do Iowa and your Illinois farm, that is something we want to follow!   Big midwestern bucks...

Packing mine up tonight for next week plan on strapping pack with bungees to the climber. Took straps off my backpacking pack and secured them to the climber. Have a mile to two mile hike in depending on the entrance route I take plan on leaving it there over night so I don't have to carry it back and forth each day. Good luck to anyone going for bear this week.

I put a strap on my back pack I wear it like a duffle bag.. My climber on my back and my pack sits right above my left hip.

• Agree 1

I use the Nite Eze rubberized gear keepers. The green ones are high viz and pretty visible in the dark