Bone collector 85

Hows everyones season so far

Dont see any logic in your statement honestly. I know where its coming from though :rofl:  

No logic intended, I was making a funny.

Went out opening day liver hit one. With the Temps so hot I pressed my luck and jumped her. We tried back the next day and found her bloated up like a beached whale. Put myself in the penalty box til last sat2and saw a few just out of range. I have a love hate relationship with the early season. Now I am just waiting for better weather. Gonna try Saturday morning.

I am having a great season so far. I've been out 3 times with my 11 and 13 year old sons. I killed my EAB doe on my second sit.

The boys are seeing lots of deer and a few bucks. My 11 year old missed a doe and my 13 year old missed a Y buck. "Deer Fever" I guess. Both clean misses right over the deer's backs.

We are having a great time! This is what hunting is all about!!

• Agree 2

Shot my EAB on day two.  Had a good look at a bachelor group one night.  Went out a total of 5 times so far on 2 different properties. I'm still looking for freezer meat so if another nice doe comes my way, I won't think twice about putting her down. If a nice buck comes my way, then I'm obviously putting him down too.  I just haven't had a crack at one yet   

Keep shooting those does,the herds aren't being destroyed enough.

With all due respect I think I can speak for many of us here. There are places that I will absolutely never shoot a doe until these areas bounce back. Areas that are definitely hurting bad. I understand your concern, trust me. However, there are some areas that are extremely populated still. In my case, one little private piece I was given permission to hunt this past year, there are TONS of does walking around all day long. When I parked at the end of the land owners driveway waiting for him to show me around, I counted 6 including one piebald, in 10 minutes. Other areas you might not see 1 in 10 days. I have faith that many of our hunters, of course not all, have the knowledge to decipher where to take does from and where to let them walk/rebound. Of course this is for another topic/thread, but my findings constantly show there needs to be seperate regulations/limits for private vs public. Good luck to you this season dbuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by outdoorslife

With all due respect I think I can speak for many of us here. There are places that I will absolutely never shoot a doe until these areas bounce back. Areas that are definitely hurting bad. I understand your concern, trust me. However, there are some areas that are extremely populated still. In my case, one little private piece I was given permission to hunt this past year, there are TONS of does walking around all day long. When I parked at the end of the land owners driveway waiting for him to show me around, I counted 6 including one piebald, in 10 minutes. Other areas you might not see 1 in 10 days. I have faith that many of our hunters, of course not all, have the knowledge to decipher where to take does from and where to let them walk/rebound. Of course this is for another topic/thread, but my findings constantly show there needs to be seperate regulations/limits for private vs public. Good luck to you this season dbuck

Agreed.  I won't pluck a doe out of an area that is decimated, but I won't think twice about shooting 1 or 2 off of some private pieces or less hunted areas where I see boatloads of does walking around every time I hunt

I might get out next week for the first time.  My spots are set and ready to go.  

• Agree 1

Not a good start for me but most zones aren't open around here yet . Hoping my luck will change when I can get out in other zones

Went out on opening day and passed on a group of does with a 6 pt. fearful of educating them. Second week took a solo doe. Hoping to sit this weekend. Good luck to all.

• Agree 1

I'm leaving Tuesday afternoon for a 3 day hunt in the ADK's.  If I get something it will be my first.  I'm excited and anxious.

Family is coming up Friday afternoon for the long weekend.  So, regardless, it will be a good trip.  

Congrats to all with a successful season so far and good luck to the rest of us.

• Agree 2

Sounds like a great week Topher, enjoy it and good luck!   :up:

Edited by Rusty
  • Agree 1

saw some brutes the very first day of the opener.my 2nd hunt I missed one doe there was 7 altogether.my hunt yesterday I won't mention it (sarcastic)oh well there's more days afield I'll regroup mentally after this setback

Sounds like a great week Topher, enjoy it and good luck!   :up:

Thank you Much appreciated.

Tagged out Saturday, 1 buck and 1 doe in Zone 22. Hunted a total of 5 hours. I spent more time processing than hunting.

• Agree 3

I spent more time processing than hunting.

I like those problems !!!! Congrats

I like those problems !!!! Congrats

Thanks. Definitely not a bad problem to have(now I can prep my duck boat for the season) although it's mainly due to the property I bought. I bought 2.5 acres that backs up to state land and federal land. The woods are thick so the path past my stand is the only open area for deers to move through about 500 acres and I'm the only one that hunts from my scouting unless people are carrying in and out. The land is property locked so you have to live on the street or have permission from a land owner to not be trespassing. Plus it didn't hurt I have baited since Memorial Day, about 70 pounds of corn a week. These deer aren't the least bit gamey tasting, some of the best meat I've ever had.

• Agree 1

My season has been fantastic. I scored my first ever Piebald deer with the recurve and topped that this week with my first archery black bear also with a recurve. I also shot a basket 8 point in the early season with the recurve too. I'm hoping to round out the season with a big mature buck in the Permit season. If I do, it'll be my best year!i

IMG_0177.PNG

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

• Agree 3