IGNORED

Hows everyones season so far

Bone collector 85

Good season here, so far. I have been seeing a good amount of deer. Have two does under my belt and waiting on a good buck. I have seen a few spikes and y's but nothing im willing to release an arrow at yet.

That was until I got down from my stand the other day and noticed my arrow a 1/4" nock high. The serving seperated pretty bad(new aftermarket strings) and slid the d loop up. They warranty defects for life so although it wont cost me anything, Im out of commission most likely this weekend but hopefully not next. Best to take care of this now and get it out of the way before my halloween illinois trip.

Shot my EAB doe in Z2. Passed up several others in z2 and z5 since then. I won't shoot a doe in Z5 until it rebounds (may take several years - if ever). My zone 2 spot is loaded with doe but really holding out for a buck that gets me excited. I could have shot 3 beautiful large doe each 100 lbs or more last night, and while very tempting - still had time left for a buck to come in.  I have no pictures or visual sightings of any buck I would consider shooting as of yet - so hopefully that changes as the rut approaches.   I am planning a big Ohio trip for the rut - I am no longer relying on NJ for a "chance" at that buck of a lifetime or at least something of P&Y caliber. 

Glad you enjoying your season.

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

We are passing up doe hunting this year again, so our season starts on Saturday although I have to guide a fly fishing trip all day.  So hopefully I get out on Sunday the 2nd for a shot at one of our nicer bucks we see from time to time when the bears aren't keeping them off the property.  

That was until I got down from my stand the other day and noticed my arrow a 1/4" nock high. The serving seperated pretty bad(new aftermarket strings) and slid the d loop up. They warranty defects for life so although it wont cost me anything, Im out of commission most likely this weekend but hopefully not next. Best to take care of this now and get it out of the way before my halloween illinois trip.

Hmmm, probably happened when carrying all that gear in and out of the woods and trying to set up every time you do. ;) Bound to tear a string or two. Good luck in Illinois

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Hmmm, probably happened when carrying all that gear in and out of the woods and trying to set up every time you do. ;) Bound to tear a string or two. Good luck in Illinois

No torn strings and everything in good condition. It happened because the string manufacturer used a different center serving from what they typically use and they are going to use a serving that will "bite" better.

All that gear? 17 lb climber and a bow? Same pack no matter which stand I go to. I would still be holding my bow the same whether I used my climber or walked to a pre-hung lockon. Dont see any logic in your statement honestly. I know where its coming from though :rofl: And if anyone read, I said I have all 3 means of hunting, Im not a "one-wayer". Climber, mobile sticks n stand, prehung lockons. The situation dictates the tools used. Period. How dare I try to talk hunting over there in regards to; what can be done to HELP stop guys from setting up on top of one another?

Thanks man I appreciate that! Really looking forward to going and think about it every morning I get up

Edited by outdoorslife