Tarhunt

My Son's First Ever Deer With The Compound.

After a horrible week, I decided to take my son back out hunting. I'd figured we needed to get away from things for a few hours. We switched our ground blinds. I went to his and he went to mine. At about a hour of sitting in his, a really wide eight point buck walked right by. I just laughed. Anyway, my son texted me at about 6:20pm saying that he had to go to the bathroom. At 6:26pm he texted me saying that he just shot a big doe that walked in by herself. He said that he made a good shot and it was at 28 yards. I told him to wait thirty minutes. I met up with him and we immediately had blood. He found his arrow a few yards later. We tracked her through thick sticker bushes and high grass. I found her laying in the brush. She ran about eighty yards. 20160917_190653.jpg

• Agree 13

Congratulations to your son! Great hunt! Funny how deer show up when we least expect it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations to you and your son, you are creating the same memories that you had with your Dad. I hope it helped heal a bit of your pain.   :up:  

Edited by Rusty

Congrats! Thats funny about the timing with him needing to go to the bathroom and then the deer coming. I didnt see deer this past weekend until I started looking at deer pics LOL