IGNORED

Jr was all dialed in....Until today!

LPJR

After practicing all summer and getting him dialed in with the bow, we hit a small detour....While at work today, I received a pic of my son's shooting hand in a cast!  :shock:  I soon learned that X-rays this afternoon revealed that he fractured the growth plate in his hand during football practice yesterday.

Between my work schedule and his school/football schedule we have not had the opportunity to coordinate to get him in a tree yet. One particular 8 pointer has been a regular in front of his ladder stand nearly every evening according to the trail cam pics!

It's my son's 1st time breaking anything and he laughed when I asked if he wanted to shoot this weekend!

Now........Realistically I am sure that I can find a way to extend the strap on his release to go AROUND the cast.......BUT I don't think my wife would be too happy with that idea. Question............Is it worth sleeping at the Holiday Inn for the next few months??? :hmmmer:

NOPE!   Hahaha!

It's all good!

Keep the hunts coming on W/W in the meantime and good luck in the woods. :up:

2016-09-16_20.05.531.jpg

Edited by LPJR

Talk about a gut punch, sorry for both of you! Yes crossbow might be a way to save his season.

He will be back in the woods sooner than later hopefully, he bounces back quick. (Fingers crossed)

He is ticked that he cannot ride the dirt bike until the cast is off to say the least! lol

+1 on the crossbow idea.  That hand can still pull a trigger.  A compound bow, I wouldn't risk it esp. with a growth plate injury.  You and he want that first shot to be 100%.  Time is your ally this time, don't rush it.

Hope it heals faster than what the doc tells you.

Edited by Haskell_Hunter

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

that really sucks. sorry to hear. most times then not, high school sports can ruin kids mobility when they get into their adult years. my wife cheered in high school and now has almost no mobility in her shoulder from throwing and flipping people into the air or whatever. somehow I managed to get the captain of the cheerleading team and didn't have to catch or throw a football in my entire life lol.  best of luck to you and you're son. hope he can pull through.

Edited by Kype