Dubs

What do u think it will score (8pt)

Hey dubs great deer but the one u shot isn't the deer on trail came pics ,congrats

You know, I do believe that you are correct.  The left eye-guard curls in the opposite direction of the ones in the cam pics. 

Eye guards are definitely different and g3's look longer. Wow that is as good as it gets take a beauty only to find out you have another to hunt in permit bow.

• Agree 1

I believe you might be correct. That is why I said the one in trail cam pic looked more like 140. I still say based on the original pic in this post, high 120s, low 130s...

Could be fellas. The buck I shot is the only really wide one we have on camera. It's very similar so we believed that was the deer. Especially since one had velvet and one doesn't. How cool would it be that there is another one that is potentially bigger. We still have cameras out so lets see if he shows himself. The wide one on the trail cam has been pretty consistent in 2 spots, so we will see. 

• Agree 4

Congratulations on a great buck.

You killed the buck standing in front of the wide one in the second picture.

Good luck killing the wide one in November

How cool would it be that there is another one that is potentially bigger. 

:up:  :up:

what's better than that?  Shooting a buck that will flirt with P&Y, and having one to hunt in November that will leave no doubt!  Come on Dubs, get us those measurements... I am still curious and thinking was about 5" over looking at that side profile now..

Edited by JHbowhunter

This one flirts with P&Y, that other buck smokes it.  You have your cake and you can eat it too.   :up:  

My cousin ( hetley75) searched through his pics and u guys are correct it's a different buck. My buck is the lead one in this pic.

I'll have the head on Sunday.

IMG_8283.JPG

• Agree 1

We've been hunting together for 29 years. It wouldn't be the same without those guys.

Edited by Dubs
  • Agree 2

We've been hunting together for 29 years. It wouldn't be the same without those guys.

As you get older you realize that who you experience the hunt with is just as important, if not more so, than the hunt itself.   

• Agree 2

Wait am I suppose to measure the tip to tip spread as well as the widest point spread?

Wait am I suppose to measure the tip to tip spread as well as the widest point spread?

You are supposed to measure tipe to tip, but it doesn't count for anything...  Sounds like you are in the ball park - very hard to tell from pics. Based on your original pic, I thought 130, then the pic Rusty re-posted, I would have thought 115, then the field pic - 140 (but not the same buck).    This is what makes it fun.   That was a great buck - get it mounted and keep on hunting...   Congrats

• Agree 1

Based on your original pic, I thought 130, then the pic Rusty re-posted, I would have thought 115, then the field pic - 140 (but not the same buck).    

The problem is he has entirely too many big bucks on his property.   :rofl:

Edited by Rusty
  • Agree 2

I tried to score it and it came out to a little under 121. Spread was 20".

That's a great buck, and you still have an even bigger one running around.  Life is good.   :up:  :up:   

I'm hoping Hetley75 get the bigger one. He got his doe and is up for his buck now.

• Agree 1

I'm hoping Hetley75 get the bigger one. He got his doe and is up for his buck now.

Thanks kid. There's 3 or 4 other ones that I would be extremely happy with and if I see them the biggest will have to wait till rut. Lol

Couldn't be happier for you kid. Well deserved. A lot of hard work and a lot of passing on buck after buck to let them grow. Got to get them down before those beans all die. Stupid thing called work gets in the way.

• Agree 2