BHC

What Is Your Turkey Gun Set Up?

With turkey season coming up what is your turkey gun set up?

For me it's a Mossberg 835 with a Indian Creek Choke, fiber optic barrel sights, with either Winchester Supreme High Velocity 3.5", 2 oz. #5, or HeviShot 13, 3.5", 2-1/4" #5

Hoping I have time to make it out this year.

Good luck to you all !!!!

2007Turkey.jpg

JoeNewTurk083.jpg

Thompson Center Arms Pro Hunter with turkey barrel and choke, thumb hole stock shooting hevi-shot #4's 3 inch, topped with a Pentax 4 power turkey reticle scope.

Its a deadly combo

turkey2011001.jpg

I haven't been out in a few years now, but I have an SBE2 with a Rhino .660 2" ported extended choke shooting 3.5" Nitro 4x5x7. Pretty deadly out to a long ways! :up:

This year it will be whatever the bow I decide to buy. But in the past it was sbe2 with stock full choke. Winchester #5 3 1/2 inch. Dropped them at 50 yards with that set up. The new property has tons of birds and looking to get one with the compound.

remington max gobbler 12 gauge 3-5 inch winchester 4 shot extra full choke,. I also looking to pick up a mossberg 835 12 gauge 20 inch barrel as a back up gun along with a predator shotgun.

Mossberg 835 with the factory turkey choke. I just ordered a Kick's gobbling thunder choke tube. I shoot #5 3.5" inch shells.

Ithaca 10 guage Automatic with 34" extra full choke. Commonly known as the "ithagun". I shoot 3 1/2" copper coated 4/6 loads. This setup levels turkeys at 50 yards. :up:

I have an old Marlin 10Ga Bolt action Super Goose I may try this year. I've gone a couple times, but never got into turkey hunting much before. We'll see.

IMAG0230.jpg

Remington 1187 Supermag Turkey gun. 12ga 3.5"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remington 870express with ATI stock and dead turk...err I mean dead coyote choke that patterns very well with hevi shot magnum blend.

Remington 11-87 supermag with a Primos jelly head choke tube with a plain ol bead sight. It does the job well :up:

I may need help on this one? It's my first year, I have an a-5 browning, winchester model 1400 winchoke, and an ithaca featherlite..all 12 guage and I think modified on the winchoke and featherlite.

Ross, the shotguns you mentioned are all good enough for turkeys, get yourself a decent turkey choke for one of them, and some decent turkey loads, pattern to see what works

Ross' date=' the shotguns you mentioned are all good enough for turkeys, get yourself a decent turkey choke for one of them, and some decent turkey loads, pattern to see what works

[/quote']

What is the best choke? and the best turkey load? Thank you.

that all depends on what your gun likes......my turkey shotgun is a Mossberg 835, I use a Indian Creek Turkey choke (factory turkey choke is good) ammo I'm using 3.5" Winchester HV or HeviShot 13 #5