IGNORED

Just ordered up some new crossbow bolts for the season!

BowhunterNJ

Well, I went through a bit of a fiasco with my Excalibur 405 and worked out a swap for a new Bulldog this year.

Was shooting Black Eagle Executioners, but felt they were a little underspined for the setup (405 and now the Bulldog) so opted to go a little stiffer with the Black Eagle Zombie Slayers!

Looking forward to getting them in and giving them a test drive along with the Bulldog!

Zombie-Bolt-Fletched.jpg

Just a heads up, I have some stuff I'll be selling for any crossbow shooters out there.

Will post on here before anywhere else to give you guys first shot, just need to get some pics taken.

Some of the items:

- Tact-Zone illuminated scope (NIB)

- Four (4) Diablo bolts with 150-gr. field points (NIB)

- Mixture of new and used Black Eagle Executioner bolts

Did you hurt yourself or something that you need to use a crossbow?

Just my feelings Tim, just my feelings. :)

They're a lot of fun, you should try them out ;)

To be honest, the crossbow gives me more free time to do other things without compromising effectiveness in killing an animal.

Where I once would spend every day practicing with the vertical bow, now I can do other things.

That's not to say someday I won't return to the vertical world, but for now, the crossbow is ideal and a very effective tool for hunting! :up:

• 1 month later...

Just my feelings Tim, just my feelings. :)

They're a lot of fun, you should try them out ;)

To be honest, the crossbow gives me more free time to do other things without compromising effectiveness in killing an animal.

Where I once would spend every day practicing with the vertical bow, now I can do other things.

That's not to say someday I won't return to the vertical world, but for now, the crossbow is ideal and a very effective tool for hunting! :up:

Probably one of the most honest and very interesting responces as to why to use a crossbow.

AWM

Probably one of the most honest and very interesting responces as to why to use a crossbow.

My brother hunts with an xbow for the same reason.  He doesn't have the time or the place to practice with a compound, so he sold it and bought an xbow.  Now he can practice less frequently, still shoot very accurately and get out in the woods to enjoy hunting while leading a busy life and not have to wait all year just for 6-day so he can hunt.  

I'm due for a zombified deer!  Still scouting out for one I want to chase.  Freezer material comes later in the season for me.  Few bucks around but nothing big.  

Every year I see nice young bucks, every year I pass on them hoping they'll get bigger and the next year they're all the same size! haha

Occasionally a decent one will show up though :)