IGNORED

For you smoke heads out there

jerseyhunter

Just picked up a pork shoulder there, 1.79 lb and plan on giving it a go this weekend.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

If you like smoking and want some great tips and ideas, check this out. One of the best compilations I've found. Lots to read there but on those rainy days you don't fish, this is some good reading. 

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2400741

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Actually looking into getting a smoker, especially for trout.

This post just accelerated the idea, need to start looking up some small smokers that wont break the bank lol. :up:  

Edited by LPJR

You can get started with a cheap smoker but you will get frustrated with it too. It's harder to maintain and control temps, they usually don't burn long enough to do briskets and shoulders and you'll have to restart them 2 or three times. They are good for chicken and fish, ribs and wings but if you want to do the big stuff, get a better unit. You can get an electric Masterbuilt 30 inch for about $150, or as suggested, get a Weber kettle and you have a grill, or smoker with a few add-on's. 

Do some research on that smoking meat forum linked above and go from there. There are a lot of options.

Edited by DV1

Here is an American Made Smoker Company.

You certainly get what you pay for.

http://www.cookshack.com

I have had mine for a few years now. It is basically set it and forget it.

Food comes out absolutely perfect.

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

I build a smoker with a offset fire box. I thoought it worked well until I bought a big green egg. I can cook a 16 pound brisket while sleeping. No loading the fire box or worring about a runaway flame.

I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted.