IGNORED

Turkey Season

remingtonman1108

Turkey season is sneaking up quick! Still have a couple months but it will be here before we know it!

I have turkey hunted 1 time in my life and this year I may give it a go. Always wanted to get into it but never really pursued it.

I bet Gobblergetter has a countdown clock going...;)

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob, Good Luck man, spring turkey hunting is definitely one of my favorite seasons... once you successfully call in and take down your first long beard, you'll will be totally addicted, TRUST ME.

}}}--I certainly do chase New Jersey's BIG Bucks, BIG Birds, and BIG Fish--->

Best Bow Buck to date; 2011 Gross; 142 6/8
Best Gobbler to date; 2012 NWTF score of 77.5
Best Northern Pike to date; 40" (Passaic River Pike )
Best Muskie to date; (The hunt begins)

Turkey hunting is a blast!! I took off last year for the first time in about 8-9 years cause I have yet to kill a bird even though I've come close several times. It just took a toll on me but I'm gonna get back on it this year and hope for the best.

To alcohol, the cause of and solution to, all of life's problems.

Think I'm gonna get my permits this year. My father is a die hard. Gets every permit he could get and always kills a couple nice one every year. He's a great caller. I never really got into it but I may hunt with him this season and give it another try

"I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones...and a woodpecker, I'll make you a good chicken pot pie." — Si Robertson

You definitely should Lou.... Turkey hunting is awesome bro, an a great way to start the string off before striper season kicks in :thumb_up:

}}}--I certainly do chase New Jersey's BIG Bucks, BIG Birds, and BIG Fish--->

Best Bow Buck to date; 2011 Gross; 142 6/8
Best Gobbler to date; 2012 NWTF score of 77.5
Best Northern Pike to date; 40" (Passaic River Pike )
Best Muskie to date; (The hunt begins)

can't wait for spring turkey season.... i got permission on a couple new pieces of property this year in zones 12 and 14 and they are loaded with turkey. the one piece of property butts up to mommouth county parks system and the landowners say they come right out of the park into her fields and to her chicken coup gobbling at her chickens... lol she says i should set up right behind her coup they show up every day in the spring.

Sounds like you got some good property there man. Good luck with it

"I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones...and a woodpecker, I'll make you a good chicken pot pie." — Si Robertson

Hopefully with the new property you get that opportunity this season

Hey bob,

If you wanna go out during the season let me know. I always try for E week because of work. This was a pic I took while goose hunting this year. I lost count at 80 birds. I think we can definitely put you on one. :D

photo-4.jpg

Dubs that looks like the type of property where you get there and slam the truck door and 6 or 7 different gobblers fire off shock gobbles within 100yds of the truck. lol

I missed the entire season this past Spring! I was laid up in the stupid hospital for way too long. Horrible! I never even got to hear a bird gobble, barely even got outside for fresh air! I think that would kill a man before anything else!

SO I CAN'T WAIT TO CHASE SOME THUNDER-CHICKENS THIS YEAR!

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

I put in for my permits the other day, if anyone wants to volunteer to call in some turkeys for me at my new place let me know, ton of turkey around. One gobbler drags his beard on the ground.

Paul M. Ross

REALTOR

Coldwell Banker Sales Associate

908-943-8842

PAUL THE PAINTER

INTERIOR PAINTING

HUNTERDON/WARREN COUNTIES

908-943-8842