IGNORED

D@#% Finger pinch

Bill from NJ

I have used a can't pinch style finger tab for many, many, years. Can't really remember when I even used a glove in the past.

Well, my loving wife bought me a nice finger glove as a gift. And now the rest of the story......

Shooting with this glove is painful.

I'm having damn finger pinch on the bottom of my right index finger from squeezing the nock when I draw to anchor.

Please help, I really want to keep using this glove.

I do not want to use the tab at this time.

Some things I have tried:

Tried keeping my elbow down when drawing.

Tried spreading my fingers wider apart when drawing.

Tried curling my fingers more around string.

Tried drawing with string further into fingers away from first finger crease in joints.

Any "real suggestions" from you all that I can do to prevent the painful pinch during draw and release?

I really want to make this work.

What say you?

Ephesians Chapter 6:12

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Joshua Chapter 1:9  
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

All kidding aside Bill, when I shoot recurve I always use the 3 fingertip glove with 1 over and 2 under, keeping my pinky out of the equation. For me I've found using this style greatly reduces string roll hence increasing accuracy. Also it kind of forces me to use just my fingertips rather than holding in the first finger joint which I've found also increases accuracy. It's just a little harder to hold for extended periods while waiting for your quarry to take that final step into a clear shot when hunting in dense cover with your target very close to you.

Edited by Dave B.

Dave,

I used a tab forever.

China bought me a real nice glove.

You know me, I want to use it and not hurt her feelings.

But, damn…. my right index finger gets pinched.

And yes, I am a sissy….  so much so, I might even put a flower on my hair when we go fishing. :shakehead:

th-1.jpeg

th-5.jpeg

th-6.jpeg

th-7.jpeg

th-8.jpeg

th-9.jpeg

th-10.jpeg

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Sugar, 

Thanks for that idea.

I tried using a small pattern cut out from a soda can, the aluminum is way too thin.

secret.jpg

secretb.jpg

secretc.jpg

Longer bow, less pinch.  

Rusty,

I shoot a 62" Recurve now.

Somehow I seriously believe it is my finger technique.

Looking for ideas….

I was hoping you would catch on.  :rofl: