BowhunterNJ

Welcome to NJ Woods & Water, Introduce Yourself!

I'm yet another transfer from the other site where I am a long time member.  I used to post but got tired of the nonsense so stopped.  I am joining here because this seems like what a forum should be about.

• Agree 1

Hi all,

Names Danny...29 years old...originally from Newark

First time hunter...got into it after watching some sportsman's channel programs and listening to a couple of podcasts...been shooting a bow for close to a year now, so I think I could muster a decent shot at 20-30 yards on an animal.

Looking to get a permit for fall turkey season as well as a bow deer permit (just in case one crosses my path while hunting turkeys)...been scouting a couple of zones for turkeys but haven't spotted any yet. If anybody has any tips please feel free to reach out...I was encouraged to go by the archery range at Assunpink WMA but haven't seen one there yet. I think I heard one, but that might just be my ear playing tricks on me. Don't want to do much calling because I know that's more of a Spring turkey tactic but I also don't wanna piss off any deer hunters on my first go around. Hope everyone has a good season, and best of luck on your hunt.

-Danny

• Agree 2

Welcome to all the newcomers! :up:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Matt said! Welcome, it's fantastic to finally see so many of the great posters from NJ Hunter over here where are you all belong. Too bad that site is a shell of its former self, but you will find this site to be just like that one was a bunch of years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new to your forms,i  love everything deer hunting,born and raised in Sussex county,married with 5 kids my youngest just turned 10 so he will be soon in the woods.i still hunt with my pops who is 76 yrs old who interduced me into the outdoors.I love him to death for it,I  watched nj hunter as a non member but when I found this sight I thought I would join.

• Agree 3

,born and raised in Sussex county,

Welcome Chevy, I'm in Sussex too.   

new to your forms,i  love everything deer hunting,born and raised in Sussex county,married with 5 kids my youngest just turned 10 so he will be soon in the woods.i still hunt with my pops who is 76 yrs old who interduced me into the outdoors.I love him to death for it,I  watched nj hunter as a non member but when I found this sight I thought I would join.

Damn! 5 kids. Holy crap!

Hi everybody, my name is Chau. I m from Philadelphia. I been hunting on and off about 14 years. I started hunting in pa for the first 7 years then started going to nj since then but still hunt in pa but not as much. Also I been fishing all my life, I mainly fish salt water. I just got started kayak fishing this year too. I only fish fresh waters for snakeheads.

Edited by AZNHUNTER
  • Agree 1

Welcome Chua.   :up:

We like pictures of dead snakeheads.   :up:  :up:

My name is Pat I was born in Ocean County and currently reside in Bergen County. I like to hunt and fish, I hunt in zone 7. Thank you for the add.

• Agree 2

Hello all, I'm a new hunter (3 years now). Bow and upland mostly. I hunt in zone 10 and 8. Any and all advice welcome. 

• Agree 2