IGNORED

Girl Scout Winter Campout - Firewood Donations Needed

buckfever1974

Afternoon guys.

My daughters girlscout troop is asking for firewood donations if anyone can help them out on the weekend of February 20th (next month).  They are very active in the community with the food pantry and fundraisers around Christmas.

Most of the houses in our town (Rockaway Borough) don't have fireplaces as it would seem so the parents with anything to "burn" don't seem to be in the troop.  Dad's aren't allowed on the trip but I volunteered to pick up and haul any wood they can find to the campsite.  Luckily they are in a cabin but wood collecting right now isn't going to happen with the snowfalll.

Anyway, if anyone out there has any wood to spare, please PM me.  My understanding is that they will be using outside fire pits and wood burning stoves inside.

Cheers.

Sorry guys. This is my fault. I haven't been on the site much the last couple of days. Rusty is real close to where I am and he's hooking us up as u can see. It's one big troop but I think what he is donating is more then enough. I appreciate all offers. Getting these kids into anything that doesn't involve a remote control or a computer game is the way to go. Cheers boys!!!!

Posted Today, 11:09 AM

I split some extra thin so it's easier for the girls to handle it and it will burn hotter in the campfire.  I split a bucket of kindling too so it should be nice and easy for them to get the fire started. 

This is going above and beyond. Very nice of you to do so for BFevers detail with the scouts Rusty.

TOTAL. CLASS. ACT.  :up:  :up:  :up:  

Edited by LPJR