IGNORED

Emergency Deer Committee Meeting

Myreezoning

Sorry for your loss thanks for your time.I thing we need changes but remember this what we asked for qdm the state said we would have to drop the numbers and we would have bigger bucks and shot less deer but better deer. Well that did not work so now we need to change. But we need to stop blaming the state and stop pulling the trigger the state is not in your deer spot you are . there are people who shot 10 deer a year and now are not seeing deer well you killed them .again this is not everyone but it that's the way thinks are now a few ruin it for all . I think they need to make the season shorter and the unlimited doe harvest. Make it 2 does and 2 buck a year what ever weapon you want.well that my rant sorry if I made some people mad but just thoughs.

Again thank you to all for their condolences I truly appreciate it.

Those of you who submitted your ideas to this post as well as other previous post they will be used in the making of our game code proposals.

I believe change is definitely in the air, not sweeping changes but changes that will definitely impact our deer population. 

Will it be harsh on us, I don't believe so, maybe a shorter season by ending all deer hunting on January 31st, maybe eliminating unlimited antlerless deer, a reduction in buck tags. We will strive to make it FAIR!

This is the answer to our lack of deer problems in the places of hunter access.

But what about other things that contribute to the lack of quality hunting in New Jersey.

It cost people over $200 dollars a year for licenses and permits, what about if that hunter has kids, yikes!

You take a kid out on Youth Day and he doesn't see a deer, he's going to say No thanks Dad, I'm gonna play my xbox or join a soccer team.

Hunter Access is a problem, you have municipalities that are overrun with deer, the division and other organizations need to do a better job at using an outreach program to entice these municipalities to open up their lands. What about legislation to open up more state lands and green acre properties, how about doing away with CBDM & Depredation permits unless they land owners open it up to recreational hunting. This is an area where we've done a poor job!

These are the issues I don't want to see fall through the crack.

As DRBetz said he wants to raise his kids just like he grew up, nobody wants that more than I and in my heart I believe that people in the Outdoor Community want that too!

It's time to work together and make a change!

Let's not become a dying breed.

Hunter Access is a problem, you have municipalities that are overrun with deer, the division and other organizations need to do a better job at using an outreach program to entice these municipalities to open up their lands. What about legislation to open up more state lands and green acre properties, how about doing away with CBDM & Depredation permits unless they land owners open it up to recreational hunting. This is an area where we've done a poor job!

I couldn't agree more.

Again, not to beat a dead horse, the regs for zone 6 are headed in the right direction.  It allows bow hunters longer seasons but limits the gun hunters.  This allows the multiple municipalities that have management hunts to be effective with their hunts and it reduces the impact on public lands by keeping the gun seasons shorter. 

Those of you who submitted your ideas to this post as well as other previous post they will be used in the making of our game code proposals.

I believe change is definitely in the air, not sweeping changes but changes that will definitely impact our deer population. 

Will it be harsh on us, I don't believe so, maybe a shorter season by ending all deer hunting on January 31st, maybe eliminating unlimited antlerless deer, a reduction in buck tags. We will strive to make it FAIR!

Sorry for your loss Jack. Thanks for you effort. 

I would hope they would do more than just cut out the February portion of the season. That doesn't impact most of the State, and the areas that need help the most. The areas where all hunting ends January 31 already have lower deer numbers than the zones that go into February, and need to most help. I would like to see them end all gun hunting December 31 and just have winter bow in January, then close it all down January 31. They also really need to stop drives during permit shotgun on WMA's, do away with the EAB bow season on WMA's and reduce the number of buck tags, and make it so they don't expire. You buy a buck tag, it's good all season and when you fill it, you can buy one more that is also good all season.

The reg sets in the middle, 3, 4, 5 & 6, are area's where the deer numbers have been significantly reduced but the herd reduction measure haven't been adjusted to catch up to it. These probably need the most help.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Add me as one that likes the idea of two buck tags to be used in any season. I'm not ready to walk away from unlimited does in all zones because it is a tool still needed in many - but not all - areas. I very seldom hunt past December 31 myself and would support ending all deer hunting by the end of January and that month archery only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add me as one that likes the idea of two buck tags to be used in any season. I'm not ready to walk away from unlimited does in all zones because it is a tool still needed in many - but not all - areas. I very seldom hunt past December 31 myself and would support ending all deer hunting by the end of January and that month archery only.

I am very much in agreement with this...though I do believe there has to be a number placed on doe harvest. Gun hunting beyond 12/31 is not necessary. And bowhunting into February is also not necessary. I assume the toughest part here is maintaining a quality hunting experience while also balancing revenue for the division as they have little other means of generating monies outside of license fees and matching funds. I would also like to see forest management become a larger part of the division's focus. Good habitat helps maintain healthy populations of game animals. The vast amount of huntable land in the northern part of the state is mature hardwood forest.

Something is going to have to give somewhere. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I feel any down ward adjustment in hunting seasons and bag limits would may put our countries economy in shambles.. More specifically the price of corn would plummet as the poor and pray types would have less time and/or incentive to ply there trade.. :rofl:

:D

I feel any down ward adjustment in hunting seasons and bag limits would may put our countries economy in shambles.. More specifically the price of corn would plummet as the poor and pray types would have less time and/or incentive to ply there trade.. :rofl:

You really are a smart-ass, aren't you?   Might be some truth to that though :rofl:

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

I am very much in agreement with this...though I do believe there has to be a number placed on doe harvest. Gun hunting beyond 12/31 is not necessary. And bowhunting into February is also not necessary. I assume the toughest part here is maintaining a quality hunting experience while also balancing revenue for the division as they have little other means of generating monies outside of license fees and matching funds. I would also like to see forest management become a larger part of the division's focus. Good habitat helps maintain healthy populations of game animals. The vast amount of huntable land in the northern part of the state is mature hardwood forest.

Something is going to have to give somewhere. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I think a reduction in season lengths would help where you leave unlimited does in place. Regarding increased forestry on WMA lands, that already is a priority. The trouble remains staunch opposition by the tree huggers who fight all public lands management efforts when it comes to forestry. But the Division has had some success recently working with true conservation groups like NJ AUdubon and others.

I forgot to address Division funding which I agree needs a fresh look. The $28 buck tag helped with a short term financial problem but has since created new problems. Time to rework that "fix".

I like the idea that if you are going to have to buy a buck tag for a season like extended bow that if you choose not to use the buck tag, it is able to be used as the buck tag for your doe season permit with shotgun or your buck tag for muzzy.  I actually stopped myself from buying another zone permit for muzzy because I had already laid out so much cash for permits/licenses this fall.

I think a reduction in season lengths would help where you leave unlimited does in place. Regarding increased forestry on WMA lands, that already is a priority. The trouble remains staunch opposition by the tree huggers who fight all public lands management efforts when it comes to forestry. But the Division has had some success recently working with true conservation groups like NJ AUdubon and others.

I forgot to address Division funding which I agree needs a fresh look. The $28 buck tag helped with a short term financial problem but has since created new problems. Time to rework that "fix".

The Division needs to get away from balancing the budget on the back of deer hunters. Until they do that, I don't see any positive changes coming. Their number one priority with deer management right now is maintaining, or increasing revenue and most of these proposals are going to be a hit to revenue. A $5.00 salt water fishing license would give them the freedom to do the right things for deer management, without worrying about loss of revenue. 

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

There was a large and adamant opposition within the saltwater fishing community against a license fee. This played out when the saltwater registry was discussed not long ago and created major rifts through many outdoor organizations. I saw it first hand at several meetings. The fact that they're seeing further reductions in quotas and seasons does not help the case for a license. I see both sides. You have one side where an industry is being strangled by regulation and doesn't want another added impediment for business. Then you have the other side where you see saltwater anglers as getting a free pass on funding the costs of the division.

This will be a tough sell. And you'll have the RFA, Party Boat/ Charter Boat associations etc fighting you to the death.

The funds have to come from somewhere. I am not opposed to saltwater license but just want you to be aware of the quagmire you might run into going down that road.