IGNORED

what would you do ???

ok so 3 days left for shotgun season.. i take 2 vaca days today and tomorrow to hopefuly get atleast 2 more for the freezer.. im on municipal property.. i pull in the parking area theres a truck there that i haven't seen all year, get dressed get to the stand, get set in , gets light enough to see i turn around i see a guy in a portable 75yrds away from me.. screwed my whole day up.. was not there all year and all of a sudden he is..about 7:30 2 come walking down i rushed the shot ( of course i missed ).. so my stand was there unmoved since mid september, this guy comes in totally screws my day up.. i leave , get the vehicle description,licence plate number, go to the municipal building and tell them,, 1 hes too close to me and was not there all year long, and 2, i believe he is too close to the road they tell me that they will call and find out whats going on ... so my question is what would you have done??

shoot more and shoot more often :elch:

I don't know how the municipal hunting works & I don't like it when people set up right on top of me either, However, I'm not sure how it ruined your hunt if 2 does came in & you were able to get a shot off. I guess reporting it was a good idea. Good luck.

Treestands don't demand, treestands don't complain, treestands simply ask me to sit down and listen. :cheers:

Hi ,Is there a reason why you didn't talk to the guy? Is no one else allowed there but you? I'd at least of left a note with my number, he may look like a liability then but he could be an asset later.Just my opinion,You asked.:hmmm:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Sounds like he has as much right to hunt a municipal property as you do. Just because you haven't seen him all season doesn't mean he has no rights to hunt the same ground. Also, he may have thought the very same thing about you which is "this guy is going to ruin my hunt". Sometimes others don't see established stands, so we can't always assume that is the case. It happened to one of my guys this year where we found a new stand just off our line on state land, but well within sight of one of our stands. We left a polite note letting the newbie know our guy has to walk past to get to his stand and we got a polite return call and everything worked out fine.

As to "hunting too close to a road", you need to know the NJ law. You cannot hunt from the road nor can you shoot across the road, but you can hunt very close to a road if that's your thing. There may be other municipal rules for your town that we don't know about, but it helps to know that this guy may very well have been 100% within his legal rights to hunt just as you were. Unfortunately in NJ, these are typical issues when hunting on public lands. We're just a very crowded state.

my thing is ive been there in that spot in that area the entire year.. ive done my homework ive checked and double check to make sure there was nobody else in the area im in.. this guy just walks in with his little portable and set up right next to me without checking if there was anybody else in the area.. and for the other reply he screwed me because where he sets up is where the deer come from 60% of the time:banghead:

You must be new to hunting,in my 41 yrs of hunting I got A million of them,like alot of other guys,you have 7 months I hope it works out for you.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Putting a stand in a tree does not claim the spot. There are guys on here that have dozens of stands all over NJ.

If he was hunting legally, you could have just walked over and politely talked to the guy, maybe worked out a schedule or agreement.

You must be new to hunting' date='in my 41 yrs of hunting I got A million of them,like alot of other guys,you have 7 months I hope it works out for you.

[/quote']

new to hunting i dont think so been hunting since i was 9.. so thanks for your input

new to hunting i dont think so been hunting since i was 9.. so thanks for your input

and how you get 7 months?

Putting a stand in a tree does not claim the spot. There are guys on here that have dozens of stands all over NJ.

If he was hunting legally' date=' you could have just walked over and politely talked to the guy, maybe worked out a schedule or agreement.

[/quote']

on municipal property it kind of dose

Municipal means town owned. That is public. Township owned lands are funded by we the taxpayer. That doesn't always mean you can hunt them' date=' but it does always mean the lands are publicly owned.

[/quote']

yes that is true but nobody can get on if they dont have a permit for that land.. unlike clinton wma e.t.c