makosnax

My sons first

I posted this elsewhere but for those who may not have seen it, my son shot a 7 point on his first hunt ever!

B08E4B81-A3D5-4370-82F5-0F9EB3069D9B.jpg

• Agree 3

A real beaut Clark!!! Now he's gonna be extra mad when he sits all day in the cold and doesn't see a thing

We left the house 5am to travel over 2 hours to Milleville for his Hunter Ed course. Got out of there at noon and drove directly to the ground blind for the afternoon hunt. I knew there was a spike that was very regular and figured chances were good at getting a shot but wasn't expecting this deer to walk out. His eyes looked like dinner plates when this deer walked out lol

• Agree 1

That's awesome. Congrats to your son and you. Great buck. His smile says it all.

Edited by Hetley75

I had just finished giving him the patience lecture and how it took me years to kill my first buck not having anyone to teach me.

Very nice! Are you taking him out this Saturday for youth day? My son cannot wait. He said that he's willing to sit all day for a nice buck.

• Agree 1

We only took the archery portion of the test, mom isn't quite sure about him being around guns since he only just turned 10 a month ago. Baby steps!

I saw the pic on a Facebook hunting page. Congrats to your son, the smile says it all.