IGNORED

Hunter Decency

elusive

Usually I am not one to rant or start any nonsense etc...... But in this case some common fellow hunter decency goes a long way.

I have a spot in Z13 that I can only usually get to after work or before and or on the weekends. Today is one of the days that I could scoot out of work and get in the stand amid some reports of a few nice bucks traveling today.

Well, hurry up get dressed, get up on the stand quietly anxiously awaiting either some deer or just the serenity of the woods. Mind you, this property boarders a specific property that a certain organization is doing a management hunt on.

3:45 rolls around and I hear what sounds like an elephant coming through the woods. It's a guy carrying what looks like a tent down a trail 50 yds from me. Making loads of noise. He moves down the trail and I realize he is setting up his ladder stand cover. He clearly sees me, gives me the finger and moves on.

He proceeds to cut down every piece of cover in between me and him to brush his stand in. Then proceeds back to his truck for zip ties and comes back again. It is now 4:30.

Now, I get that people have limited time to setup stands. I get that in NJ, close stands can be inevitable. But if you see me in the stand, maybe as a fellow hunter, you could be a little more quiet? And was the finger needed?

Sorry, rant over. Maybe I can connect on one of the nice bucks I've been seeing before he does.

that is just f'd up Just when you think you've seen / heard it all  :shakehead:    I gave up being upset when a guy asked if It was okay if we shared  the wild sweet potato field i was hunting.  :headscratch: i realize now some hunters are just clueless and can't help themselves.  

Edited by buckhound

I would be able to move about 50 yds away Rusty. The spot that I picked was a convergence of 4 diffrent trails and away from an access rd. So options are a bit limited.

It is a very small piece that took 4 years to gain permission to hunt.

Again, I don't mind a someone that close but some decency would be appreciated.