IGNORED

8th of November Check-in

Matty

Good luck to everyone that's already out there and to those headed out this afternoon!

I won't be out again today, some projects that required immediate attention are taking longer than expected.

I predict at least one nice buck kill posted on this check-in though. So don't let me down.

:up:

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

Had a good spot I've been waiting to get to. Wind is right, weather cool enough finally, so I headed out. Saw a big body heading towards a bend in the trail while walking in at 12:45 pm and sprinted up to see if I could catch a glimpse of him when he crossed. Bad decision with boots and a backpack, lol. 

Torn groin, or maybe sports hernia, will have to see Doc to be sure. Limped back to the truck in pain, at home now with a bag of frozen peas in the crease of my leg. Due for another shoulder surgery after Christmas, now this. If I was a horse you'd have to shoot me. LOL. Guess I have to stop acting like I'm only 40.  :)

Good luck to everyone else getting out, the weather is finally good for it, bucks are on the move too.

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Oh man Doug that sucks! Hope things work out at the doc tomorrow!

Yeah, me too. I torn my groin pretty badly a few years ago at work. Was only out of work for a week but it should have been longer, I just didn't want to sit home. Took about 9 months to get back to normal. I have hunted a lot this year so if I'm done, it's not like I didn't get in my share. 

Edited by DV1

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Had a good spot I've been waiting to get to. Wind is right, weather cool enough finally, so I headed out. Saw a big body heading towards a bend in the trail while walking in at 12:45 pm and sprinted up to see if I could catch a glimpse of him when he crossed. Bad decision with boots and a backpack, lol. 

Torn groin, or maybe sports hernia, will have to see Doc to be sure. Limped back to the truck in pain, at home now with a bag of frozen peas in the crease of my leg. Due for another shoulder surgery after Christmas, now this. If I was a horse you'd have to shoot me. LOL. Guess I have to stop acting like I'm only 40.  :)

Oh man, that stinks.  Hope you're back on your feet soon.  

I hear you about acting like we're 40, it's a hard lesson to learn.   

I went out at 5:30am this morning and while walking to my stand, I almost walked right into a deer. I have no idea if it was a buck or doe. Pretty funny. Never saw a deer when it became light. It figures.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

Went and checked out a local WMA a friend told me of this afternoon. Looked promising from the road. I came to see not one rub, scrape, track, or dropping. It must be true about what they said about the apple barons shooting off all the deer in that area.