IGNORED

What an awesome hunt

Turkeyboy44

I took my dad out tonight into my ground blind. Running late we get into there around 415. We talk about home to tell each other what we are going to do if one sees a deer and the other doesn't see it. It's not easy to see deer out of a blind anyway. About 450 I feel my dad tap my leg. I said you see something and he says yea looks like a big doe. Well I looked out the small window and I said check again it's the 7 point for 2 nights ago. Well that's all I had to say and he's got the xbow up and ready. Buck walks into the 20 yard shooting lane I gave him a whistle and he stops and pop shoots. I told him you missed he goes no way I see this but come at us he's 8 yards now and I gabbed the xbow and recock it for him witch was not easy with this buck looking at us the hole time. Get it cocked and another bolt into it and hand it back buck walks right I front of the blind window and dad puts the smack down on him. We wait about 10 minutes and gather everything up and go check for Arrow and blood. We find blood and arrow was covered said to dad no doubt in my mind he's dead. A short 50 yard track job and we found his buck 2nd buck from this stand this season and almost a month apart awesome time with my dad tonight

post-962-0-68607000-1445992855.jpg

post-962-0-96350400-1445992894.jpg

image.jpg

That's so great! A few years ago, my sons, my father and myself were all hunting together when my father shot his first antlered buck. A nice 7 point. It was his first in over 60 years of hunting. Right after that, my oldest son shot his first antlered buck, a nice 8 point. That was a great hunt.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

One of the BEST stories so far.  My dad is 87 and still hunts, but I've never gotten to hunt with him, only help him recover one deer.  Cherish the memories and your dads trophy.  Congratulations to you both :up:  :up:

"Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History" - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Member
NRA Life Member

NWTF Women In The Outdoors Member

UBNJ Member