BowhunterNJ

NJDFW Permit System via Walmart and Dicks Down

Just an FYI, member BowTechExperience tried to get his permits this morning at both Walmart and Dicks and both said the computer systems were down.

Make sure you call ahead before making the trip! :up:

Thanks for the heads up.i gotta get my permit bow.Have to check before I go

most times it all BS because the non skilled folks there don't want to be bothered!  I asked for a manager last time I was told it didn't work and guess what, the manager printed out all my stuff ...so go that route...

Went to Dicks to get my bear permit this morning. Still down. I forgot to get it when I stopped in Meltzer's earlier.

It isn't statewide, as I got my zone 4 bow permits today, just forgot the bear at Tried to have it printed at Dicks and they couldn't do it.

Somehow I left Meltzers out of my response. I got my deer permits at Meltzers, went to Dicks to but scent and tried to get the bear permit there.

I got permits at walmart on the 25th no problems and my buddy got his yesterday at the same walmart with no issues so it definitely isn't a statewide problem

• Agree 1

The three I checked with down here by me did last week, haven't been there this week.  Will likely hit up Walmart on the way home tonight to try and get my permits.

Sportsmen's center was able to print permits. I was just there and bought my permits and permits for both of my sons. The line was about 8 deep for permits.

• Agree 2

Just got my permits at Dicks in Rockaway. They said other than the printer jamming they've been issuing permits since last week.