IGNORED

Christie gun veto takes hit; N.J. Senate renews support of bill on mental health records

I think mental health problems are the forefront of a lot of issues today.  In fact, many lefties tote the US having the highest gun deaths of any civilized country...yet they fail to mention that the majority of those deaths are suicides.  So their answer is to "eliminate guns"...which does absolutely nothing to address the core problem of mental health issues.  Take one method away, and they'll find/use another.  Somehow the lefties believe without guns all violence will miraculously stop.  IMO that couldn't be farther from the truth.

I think mental health problems are the forefront of a lot of issues today.  In fact, many lefties tote the US having the highest gun deaths of any civilized country...yet they fail to mention that the majority of those deaths are suicides.  So their answer is to "eliminate guns"...which does absolutely nothing to address the core problem of mental health issues.  Take one method away, and they'll find/use another.  Somehow the lefties believe without guns all violence will miraculously stop.  IMO that couldn't be farther from the truth.

I was in high school back in the 1960's when the left first started pushing gun control. I went to an all boys school with all male teachers most of whom were WWII vets. My English/history teacher Mr Burrofato (who was a Purple Heart recipient) summed it up quite well. He used the old adage "where there is a will there is a way" His analysis of gun control was that "you cannot eradicate the way. You must eradicate the will." He said this in 1963 or 1964 and it is still valid today.

I'll probably get some flak for this, but there's a reason gun control because popular in the 1960s--the civil rights movement.

Politicians were concerned that folks advocating for equal rights would arm themselves and it would become a violent versus a peaceful revolution. So there were a lot of laws that went into effect right around that time to make getting access to firearms more difficult. Historically the rights of certain groups of individuals have always been trampled on. This was just more of the same.

Sapere aude.

Audeamus.

When you cannot measure, your knowledge is meager and unsatisfactory.

The mental health aspect of the gun control advocates is a slippery slope. That is who gets to decide who is mentally unfit to own a fire arm. Psychiatry/psychology is a pseudo science. Any analysis done in that field is subjective based on the annalists agenda. I believe most people in that profession are liberal and therefore probably against 2A. From the gun grabber point of view it is a great tactic in their piecemeal attempt to disarm the public. This because they could and will arbitrarily decide who gets a gun and who does not. The criteria will be so slanted that almost everyone will fall into the latter category.