IGNORED

Jig and Bucktail Making

Palawman30

How many of you guys pour and paint your own jigheads and bucktails?

Ive done my own weights for years and last year started pouring and powder coating my own jigs. I love catching fluke on something Ive done.

Ive hand tied all my own fluke rigs for years as well.

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used 3" pvc...a male end and female end. Also 2 2" piece plus a knockout. DrilledDrilled a hole in the coffeebottom and ran a fishtank hose through it. Use a airator for air. I used coffee filter between the male and female pvc...and thats a fluid bed. Make sure u use a air regulator to adjust flow of air into pvc

referral-0686239001424316551.png

PredaTorch.com         Hot Estrous Doe and Other Deer Scent, Night Predator Lights

I do bucktails up to eight ounces and bank sinkers up to eighteen ounces. This past year I delved into making swing-hooks in addition to the standard fixed hook design. Also make my own teasers.

Quite addicting once you get up and running and certainly results in a higher catch when you are no longer skittish about fishing the sticky stuff!

Excellence, in anything, never occurs by chance

Achieving perfection is impossible. Striving for perfection makes greatness achievable

How big of a pump? I tried to make one using 3" pvc and aquarium pump, but just can't get enough air flow/pressure. Going to try using a small compressor and bigger air lines. You got any pics of the 3" fluid bed setup? Maybe I'm just,doing something wrong in my design...