IGNORED

In The Market For A New TV..What Do You Have, & Recommend?

BHC

Not desperate for a new TV, I have a Sony LCD 61" in the family room, but I do want to upgrade and surprised my kids. Been looking at a Vizio 70" LED SmartTV, here is a link to it:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vizio-70-Class-Razor-LED-2.35-ultra-slim-1080p-120Hz-HDTV-E701i-A3-Smart-TV/21311918

Walmart seems to be the best price, but also know that TVs go down in price between March and April, so I may hold off till then. Seems the Vizio has gotten some great ratings, even in Consumer Reports. Samsung is just a great TV but very expensive.

What do you guys have and/or recommend? For those with a Vizio, please give me the pros and cons of it.

Thank you

Mako, I too compared them, now of course the Samsung is in a class of it's own but so is the price. Looked at Sharp:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sharp-70-Class-LED-1080p-120Hz-HDTV-3.5-ultra-slim-LC70LE640U/20452169

More money, didn't get better reviews then the Vizio, the picture to me seem the same. Looks like I will go with the Vizio, just like to know what others have, or those that own a Vizio.

Also searching the internet seems that the screens on the Vizio are LGs, and the company that makes them for Vizio also makes the guts for Panasonic, so good chance the guts of a Vizio are Panasonic

Thanks for quick reply JJoe

We have 2 vizios, price was right, good quality, no issues at all. Don't have any cons on it. Vizio is also an American company which is rare in consumer electronics, they aren't manufactured here though.

Freedom is a light for which many men have died in darkness

50 inch Samsung in the family room and a bunch of Vizios around the house for the kids' gaming. Really tough to beat the picture quality on the Samsung. The Vizios are fine for bedroom TVs and for the kids XBoxes.

Excellence, in anything, never occurs by chance

Achieving perfection is impossible. Striving for perfection makes greatness achievable

Don't even waste your money buying anything else but a Samsung. Samsung & LG are the 2 best quality TV's on the market, I know Vizio's are popular because of their price, but their picture quality, features, and overall quality is not up to par with Samsung or LG. I own an LG and when it goes south I will be getting a Samsung

"Your short on ears and long on mouth"

My parents have a vizio and they havent had any issues. Not sure if you have a costco nearby. If you do and youre a member, check out their prices.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

gun-1_zpsa5b2d7e3.png

My first flat screen was 46" sony bravia , i loved that tv, one day my son got yelled at and took it out on the sreen with a plastic nerf crossbow. Destroyed the tv and it was only like three months old. Maybe thats why i dont like crossbows. :banghead:

I was so pissed off i had to leave the house for a while so nobody got killed.