IGNORED

My first buck (pix)

SilverHawk94

Nice job buddy. Is it me or is the left eye swollen.

Good call on that. Actually, due to the fact we backed out over night there were already a couple birds going at his eye when we found it in the AM. They pretty much massacred the eye completely deflating it, so we just tried to fluff up the insides and cover it with the eyelid.

Trust me, as noticeable as his eye is in the pics, the gaping hole would have been 10x worse. lol

Oh & I would just like to rectify the "under selling" on my part explained by Matty. lol When I first saw this buck, he was on a bee line right at me from behind me. He got within 10 yards of me so fast that I barely got to even take a look at his rack before I had to hide my eyes as he was looking in my direction.

Once he went past and I was able to move to draw and aim into an opening that he was walking towards quickly. I then only had another quick glance while his deformed/spike was closest to me and his normal looking side was further away. I think with my quick glimpse just before shooting, I confused which side was which and that made it seem smaller in my head, not to mention he was now 25/30 yards slightly quartering away.

Every time I look at this buck, I think about how I almost drew down because of that distorted second view! lol I must have been out of my freaking mind!! :rofl:

“A free people ought to be armed.†George Washington

“You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.†Admiral Yamamoto

Okay so now that we have made that clear, lets preserve our Country and our Rights.

I was loving this thread till I learned you're mattys brother....jk..great buck congrats

Haha!

If it wasn't for Matty, I never would have shot this buck. He found this property and did most the scouting to locate what area was the best. I just happened to get lucky and pick the right tree to hide next to and then let my killer instinct kick in!

:thumb_up: to Matty!

“A free people ought to be armed.†George Washington

“You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.†Admiral Yamamoto

Okay so now that we have made that clear, lets preserve our Country and our Rights.

I was loving this thread till I learned you're mattys brother....jk..great buck congrats

Mark, let that jealousy wash away.

For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice.

I will call you my brother if it makes you feel better. Heck why not, we're both extremely good-looking guys, ridiculously funny (i funnier than you, but who's counting), incredible bowhunters and both our names begin with "MA" and are four letters long. :kissy::D

[video=youtube]

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear