Sign in to follow this  
Rutting Buck

Do you think this is a dog or coyote?

Please tell me what you think. This is in zone 36 in Ridgewood. I think it's a coyote and I have had deer in my yard periodically through the year. I was just testig my new camera.

IMAG0006.JPG

Thanks that is exactly what I was thinking. My wife is on edge, but I guess thats what happens when there is no hunting allowed here and this town is overloaded with deer.

Rutting buck, there is no hunting allowed in Ridgewood, but you CAN trap. Towns can't override state hunting laws, so they use the no discharge law to circumvent that. Trapping isn't discharging, snare the bastard and dispatch him with a rock if you have to. I know the type of town Ridgewood is, so I would suggest printing out state laws and having them handy.

i live two towns over from you we catch our fair share of yotes and red fox and the occasional grey fox here there are more here than people think problem is were you and i live its all lil travel corridor lots for them to travel and the tracks are just huge travel routes for them all the rr tracks come down from ny we drive the thruway they run the tracks and river beds