Sugar

Arizona Coues Deer Hunt (pics)

Here are some photos from an Arizona Coues deer hunt.

I posted a pic on the (other site) but the ease of doing it on here is much more convenient....

Here is the Bed and breakfast I stayed in....the meals were out of this world...P1000428.jpg

Each night we gathered here for dinner ...and then swapped hunting stories P1000442.jpg

DinnerP1000437.jpg

Try again..Not your average deer crossing sign

IMAG0674.jpg

Just shooting around camp....

P1000448.jpg

IMG950175.png

The trail cam pic was taken over a mile away from where I ended up shooting the buck...

As I said at dark the buck came back thru rutting does and offered me a shot at 38 yards....the hit was good and he only made it 60 yards before dropping...

As Coues deer go its a monster....A check of the record book places it in the top 25 in the world....just an amazing animal a side note..when I caped him out I thought I noticed a chip in the main beam from fighting upon further inspection it turned out to be where an arrow hit it...

It's been a tough year for me with everything that I've been thru I sure hope this is a sign of what this next year holds for me...

I just left the doctors office and was cleared to go back to work on March 4th..my birthday of all days...LOL

Keep em coming Mark! I think you shot some little dinker coues deer didn't you? lol

Nice pics Mark, welcome to the site! :welcome:

If you are only seeing half the pic, you can go into your phone settings and enabled Java for your browser.

IMAG0659.jpgHere's a buck I passed on the second day of the hunt after I spotted the buck I wanted....

Here's Nick from Idaho with the same buck he took it the day after I shot mine from the same stand...

00small68669186.JPG

Nice photos Mark. The Deer look wet and muddy. Thought it was dry out there.

I have to teach you how to wear a Ranger Headwrap bro.

Steve..we had lots of rain and some snow.

Here's the story of my buck...

I hunted the first day and only seen two doe.

We were hunting in National forest land in southern Arizona 25 miles from the Mexico border.

The second day I returned to the same stand but brought a secret weapon....my leopard shirt.

The outfitter posted some trailcam pics from earlier in the year and the first pic he posted I commented that I'll shoot that one....

Coues deer while still a whitetail are much spookier than our deer and much smaller...

I'll make a long story short and say I missed the first shot at him at 25 yards by hitting the fiberglass rod in the ground blind window and sticking my arrow in a tree 8 feet in the air....Then right at dark he came back thru running does. ( Coues rut in Dec- Jan)

00small13108085.JPG

That's a cute little baby deer you killed Mark.:)

Slammer for a coues deer man! HUGE CONGRATS!!!!...:thumb_up:

Glad you're getting around again too.