sam3

Striped Bass Tournament June 1, 2013..

were fishing regardless we booked a charter so come on guys lets get the money in to sam

Im still in to pay how will we work it.Honor system with pics of scale? open for some ideas.If not enogh boats in not worth racing to a weigh in?

we meet at key port to do weigh in then a  after party hope it still happens fishing regardless we booked a charter as for paying contact sam

I will be fishing regardless also out of Shark River was just saying only a few boats is it worth running North for a weigh in. Guess we will have to see in the next week who is still all in.

Maybe we'll try this again some other time.

Nonetheless, we're all fishing that day and meeting at the new Jake-a-bob's afterwards. When Lou gets back from Texas, he can confirm the new address. I don't know it offhand.

Thanks guys.

Joe, I'm mailing your payment back to you.

Guys, it sounds like there isn't a whole lot of interest/participation in the tournament side...so I say we just head out and have some fun, meet up afterwards and have a couple beers!

Lou's been busy traveling around the US as a philanthropic volunteer, so hopefully he'll have an update on the new Jake-a-bobs when he returns! :up:

Sam, thanks for the help trying to organize this...I know it's been a pain in the butt.  I'll buy ya a beer or three, and maybe even a new bottle of Pantene Pro V to maintain that natural hair sheen! :D

Nonetheless, we're all fishing that day and meeting at the new Jake-a-bob's afterwards.

Sam - make sure you tell your waitress to "take an extra ten" when paying your Jakeabob's Bay bill. They'll add an extra $10 to your tab and then they'll use the money to pay the bill for local residents who can't afford lunch/dinner. Plus, Gigi will be matching your donation dollar for dollar, so by saying "take an extra ten" you'll actaully be donating $20.

• Agree 1

long range forcast looking good for next week team chassintail will be at ihop on 36 at 430 am if anyone wants to join us

I'm back!!! Texas was great. Haven't been on the site a lot lately because of traveling and and getting the restaurant set up. All is good for next week after fishing. No need for any reservations. We will all just meet at Jakeabobs for some cold beer and some awesome burgers. Anybody have any idea on a time? 4-5 pm??The address is 910 union avenue. Union beach. It's less then a mile down the road from the old location. It's just closer to route 36. Any questions, shoot me a message. I'll be on here more actively now. Just had to get things settled down around here and haven't had much time to post. Lookin forward to seeing you guys next week!!

less then a week cant wait weather report is in the 80s but chance of thunder storms in the afternoon

Need some warm water to get that ocean bite going. Looks like it may happen in time for the weekend

I hope NOAA's forecast is wrong... would be nice to fish this weekend.

Zone Forecast: Coastal waters from Sandy Hook to Manasquan Inlet NJ

Sat: SW winds 10 to 15 kt...increasing to 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 6 ft.

Sun: SW winds 15 to 20 kt...becoming S 20 to 25 kt. Seas 4 to 7 ft. A chance of showers and tstms. Winds and seas higher in and near tstms.

it will be ok...get out there early and put a few on the deck..see ya at jakeabobs for some beers after

good luck to everyone fishing sat may your rods stay bent :up:  :up:

Will be pulling out of shark river at 4 45 am.Yes good luck to you guys also, the striper bite is slow on the ocean hope things change in the am but the blues are there and will help keep the rods bent

Edited by runum n gunum
  • Agree 1

good luck to everyone may your rods stay bent :up:  :up:

must be be nice to be young, I have to take ginko balboa  just to remember what it was like. :cryingcry:

Had a great day on the water with Capt Joe missed a few bass but the kids had fun fighting some big blues and have to say I had fun hooking some myself. lots of laughs and great time

• Agree 1

Nice, glad you guys had some fun and got to catch a few fish! :up:

We wound up fluking today instead and had a good time. 

My blog with pics/video and the trip report should be on here shortly! :)

we got beat up by the gorilla blues and the south wind but still got two nice bass biggest was 23lbs 

we got beat up by the gorilla blues and the south wind but still got two nice bass biggest was 23lbs 

Good time as always with a nice bunch of guys, to bad I lost  a couple. It happens. Hey we were still were in the runnings, see if it holds. Just wish the capt'n didn't tell his bud where we were catching, that's good on a regular day  of chartering but not in a tournament.