hunterdan199

Longest shot with your crossbow ?????

this year I picked up a ten point turbo , I hunt period compound , recurve , just wanted a crossbow was just wondering what has been your longest shot ?????????? :D:D

I won't mention any names, but I watched, and walked off a 78 yard shot, dead on, dropped in 20 yards. I do not approve of this distance shot at all. But it was a clean shot and kill, shot threaded through trees. Had to be some luck involved. But that was the longest I saw and personally walked off the distance.

i play around at 100 yrds all the time and shoot good 5'inch groups.....my longest kill is 48 yrds

I won't mention any names' date=' but I watched, and walked off a 78 yard shot, dead on, dropped in 20 yards. I do not approve of this distance shot at all. But it was a clean shot and kill, shot threaded through trees. Had to be some luck involved. But that was the longest I saw and personally walked off the distance.

[/quote']

:thumb_up:

Practice to 60 but killed 2 at 10 yards so far. Just got it. I think 40+ yards you will run into trouble with them jumping the string.

Have practiced out to 50 yards, but will not shoot any further than 25 on mine. Then again, the one that I use is primarily for small game. Only hunt deer with the compound.

A little over 30 yards. Just like shooting a compound, target shooting is one thing, hunting is something else. If you have the time to get a precise range and the shot is dead clear, 40 yards is doable.

Longest shot... 20-25 yards. Two for two. 2 shots, 2 deer.

I practice at 20 and 30 yards only. My Horton Legend II only shoots 267 fps with a 423 grain bolt. (20" Carbon Express bolt with a 100 g Muzzy broadhead.)

I havent hunted with it, but I thought about it, especially when I sited in my wifes crossbow and could hit the heart consistantly @ 40 yards. My wife doesnt shoot anything outside of twenty though.

42 yds.... Used a range finder, had a solid rest, broadside feeding doe... Went 20 yds after the shot.

At a deer 30 yards. When sighting It in i shot it out to 50 yards. It's a Parker it shoots great. I like the X-Bow I use it in January