Sign in to follow this  
jkotys

Ice Fishing conditions in NW Jersey???

Hoping to get out ice fishing next Saturday Feb 9th. Day temps seem to be getting warmer towards weeks end but night temps are still cold.

Anyone know ice conditions for White Lake in Blairstown or Aeroflex in Andover? Heard Sheppard's in Ringwood had 8" Saturday but was wondering about the two I mentioned.

Wish I could help you, but I don't know. Maybe someone else can help out. I know I'm chomping at the bit to get out after putting up a zero last winter. My kid loves ice fishing more than any other outdoor pursuit.

I was on Green Turtle pond today. 6" of ice on the north end and it went down to 2 1/2" on the south end. Got one noce pickeral and a few perch but it was good to get out there.

image.jpg

The weather up north is supposed to stay below freezing day and night except for a high of 35 on Thursday. I see an outing in my future next weekend.:thumb_up:

Well good to hear of the low temps. Nice toothy critter there Willard. Looks like the area where the pickeral tend to get caught in the summer.

Hoping to get out ice fishing next Saturday Feb 9th. Day temps seem to be getting warmer towards weeks end but night temps are still cold.

Anyone know ice conditions for White Lake in Blairstown or Aeroflex in Andover? Heard Sheppard's in Ringwood had 8" Saturday but was wondering about the two I mentioned.

John get up to Greenwood Lake we killed the Walleye's the other day.

Thanks still wondering if anyone's been out on White Lake in Blairstown or Aeroflex in Andover in the past few days.? Been reading reports on ice shanty and places you would expect to be frozen solid still have open water or not enough ice.