Shootstraight

Largest buck you ever seen on trail camera but never harvested

Lots of awesome bucks. Some are just ridiculous! Too bad no one connected with them. Only Tcook got his.:cupcoffee: LOL

Shows two things, truly huge bucks DO live in NJ and they are hard to kill!

Just locating one should be considered a success.

For all of these "one time only" pics, do you think camera caused them to never return?

I think the camera has the potential to scare them, but it's probably more about human pressure/scent. I haven't used cams that often though, so my experience with them is limited to only having a few "mature shooters" on them. Some never cared, some never showed again. I have watched bucks avoid cameras while hunting too. So who knows.

biggest I ever had on cam...ive seen bigger in person...never ever saw this deer...I feel like I know what he does but hes smart :thumb_down:

007.JPG

008.JPG

unfortunately, never connected on these guys. I have had them on cam multiple years.

IMG_2857.JPG

IMG_2856.JPG

IMG_2854.JPG

IMG_1184.JPG

IMG_1185.JPG

IMG_0540.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0214.JPG

• Agree 2

He ain't TCook caliber, nor did he get away just yet. But time my time in a stand is limited so he might. 

20161024_124746.jpg

• Agree 1

These are the only two pics I got on cam over 10 years ago of a buck with a point coming out of his forehead, like a unicorn.

He had at least 14 points and was never seen again unfortunately..... Without a doubt one of the biggest I got on camera ever..

Good post Will :up:

14.jpg

14 2.jpg

• Agree 2

Wow, those are some pigs.  There's a reason they lived long enough to get that big.   

A couple of bucks I had.

IMG_3414.JPG

Never saw this guy or heard of him getting killed

IMG_3415.JPG

Same thing with this crazy thing.

IMG_3688.JPG

This one got whacked by farm next door.

IMG_7362.JPG

This one is from this year. Hoping to catch up with him but have about 6 others on cam that if they show face I'm not passing.

• Agree 2

NJ buck from way back in 2005.  Don't hunt this property any longer.  Only time this buck ever showed up and it was in daylight.  I remember it to this day because I went on a rare trip to bowhunt NY with my brother that weekend, hunted in the rain and passed on a 4 pointer up there :)

DSC03655.jpg

DSC03653.jpg

DSC03652.jpg

• Agree 4

You know, a lot of times those big ones only show up once in the daytime, you just have to be lucky and be there.

• Agree 1

I have been after this 12 pointer for the last 4 years. He showed up twice in a 2 week period during the muzzleloader season. The first time, he was within 100 yards from me but, never presented me with a clear shot. I really think that he knew something was up and never entered the field out in front of me. Two weeks later, he stepped out right in front of me but, he was missing half of his rack so, I passed on him. I never saw him for two years after that and I gave up on him. Last year, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that he was still alive and he was still a 12 point. He shows up usually late November early December. Maybe this year, I'll have another shot. Sorry for the crappy photo but, it's the only one that I have. Look closely.

Lower%20fence%20post%20505.jpg

• Agree 1

Tank of a body Matt. Nj?

Yep that was a central NJ buck.  I was kinda sick after I picked up that trailcam card! haha

But I had a great weekend with my brother too :)

• Agree 1

Horrible set of pics from an older cam, this was from Ohio.

First pic to show the body size difference between these two bucks standing in virtually the same spot.

You'll notice one of those Tink's scent bombs above it.  I made that mock scrape and bucks were randomly hitting it every day.

First one was probably 120-130 class buck.

Other one was shot by the neighbor 2 days after my buddy and I left...never saw him in daylight.  Neighbor got him still hunting with the gun in Ohio's opener, walking along thickets on his property.

Believe he scored in the 170s?  Seems high to me, I didn't see it from the lack of main beam points...maybe a NT gross score?  

He does have some knarly brows, look like triple and double with mass!  Either way a giant buck!   :eek:

I saw the buck's rack the next year and it took two hands to get around his bases...HEAVY buck, monster with insane mass all around!  Probably the heaviest mass buck I've ever personally seen in person.

DSC03495-X2.jpg

DSC03515-X2.jpg

DSC03516-X2.jpg

DSC03517-X2.jpg

• Agree 4

This is the buck I'm after but haven't seen him at all in stand or gotten any pics yet this season... Bottom pic is his sheds that I found in February 2016

75C3CFCC-CC87-4BE5-9880-13C98A1AA962.JPG

81CFEF6A-104E-4F2E-B4F6-093EB57803AB.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

• Agree 3