Sign in to follow this  
Haskell_Hunter

Delaware River Trips (North of Gap)

I was talking with a buddy today and we're in the beginning stages of planning a river trip down the Delaware from Port Jervis. We might go as far as the gap, but are instead considering a day trip stopping 1/2, 2/3 the way to the gap.

There's a put-in just north of Port Jervis on the PA side (41°23'10.02"N, 74°42'46.83"W) we are considering or possibly skipping going through the city and putting in at Milford (41°18'33.70"N, 74°47'51.64"W).

We'll probably land at either the Dingmans parking area (41°13'9.53"N, 74°51'38.15"W) in PA or go as far as the Bushkill boat launch (41° 6'25.43"N, 74°59'3.59"W).

I heard there are some free primitive campgrounds along the river and was wondering if anyone knew where they were or if they existed at all. Also, has anyone run this part of the river from the spots I listed above in either a kayak or canoe, and how long does it take in between points? I figure from Milford to Bushkill will take us about 6-7 hours based on some of our other excursions down the Musconetcong river.

We used to take canoe trips up there. Drop one car at the gap and then drive up thru worthington to launch the boat. Slow fish the way back,it was awesome, the amount of fish you find in those deep pockets is incredible.