IGNORED

New to NJ

Xertion

Welcome. I agree north on rt.23.......also stokes state forest

Thanks! I'll check this out. I've hunted black river (passing by I saw numerous dead deer by the road by 206) and Sparta wma (filled with bears). Edited by Xertion

I've hunted Sparta wma (filled with bears).

This is my backyard (literally) but the bears are so bad that I don't hunt behind the house until after shotgun season in December.  It's great during muzzleloader and winter bow but fall bow is a nightmare due to the bears. 

The route 80 west corridor is another option for you.  There are places you can get to off 23 or 80 like Berkshire Valley WMA.  And up north is Hamburg.  Like Rusty, I hunt in or around Sparta Mountain WMA and enjoy staring at bears all fall until about 6 Day.

What are you planning to hunt?  Sounds like deer only?  Welcome to NJ.

Welcome Xertion!

Berkshire Valley WMA and areas around Rt. 23 are good places to start. 

"Nothin makes a dad happier than seeing his daughter with a smile on her face and her boyfriend with fear in his eyes" - Willie Robertson

The route 80 west corridor is another option for you. There are places you can get to off 23 or 80 like Berkshire Valley WMA. And up north is Hamburg. Like Rusty, I hunt in or around Sparta Mountain WMA and enjoy staring at bears all fall until about 6 Day.

What are you planning to hunt? Sounds like deer only? Welcome to NJ.

Thanks. This helps. On my hit list this season is deer, Turkey and bear (providing I get a tag).