IGNORED

Hope to get out for some bowhunting soon!

madcat2

I went into the ER last Monday to have a pacemaker put in and was released a few days later. My heartrate (RHR) was dropping into the low 30's and even as low as 26-27 BPM a few times during the day. The pacemaker is functioning well and has my heart beating at a normally rhythm again. The condition is known as sick sinus syndrome, which basically means that the natural electronical signals of my heart were decreasing. At only 43, my heart is very healthy otherwise. After staying home to heal up a little more, I feel like I am ready to go but might have to wait a litte longer since I can't push, pull or lift anything over 10 lbs. for at least two weeks. I think it's just the excitement to finally get out, but my health comes first and the deer will always be there.

Folks, just wanted to share this experience. Take care of your health and be sure to see your Dr. If something doesn't feel right.

"Nothin makes a dad happier than seeing his daughter with a smile on her face and her boyfriend with fear in his eyes" - Willie Robertson

I went into the ER last Monday... Take care of your health and be sure to see your Dr. If something doesn't feel right.

In what area/zone do you hunt?  If you are nearby my stomping grounds and use a crossbow, I could pull/rack/lock (whatever it is called) a crossbow string for you and/or drag a deer.

You're close to the rut so hunting from ground level is doable.

Edited by username

I am in Morris County, Zone 6 and will be using a crossbow. I plan to get one of those cranks to help but will definitely give a shout if needed. Thanks all!

"Nothin makes a dad happier than seeing his daughter with a smile on her face and her boyfriend with fear in his eyes" - Willie Robertson

Glad to have you back in action. 

You know you can call me if you need a hand.  I'm not dragging a 500 lb bear by myself though!

Been seeing a spike on Phipps who is very interested in the behind of a lady friend.  I've seen him in that seeking pose a few times and he has been running blindly after the doe.  A couple people had to lockup their brakes yesterday on the drive in.  Another couple weeks and you can go shoot a stud!

- Mack

I'm hoping that by the time the Dr. clears me for lifting, etc. I will be out in time for the rut! I will def. have to get my hands on the crank/winch device first though and will probably be in a ground blind for a little while.

I will be looking for the six pointer that was showing up on my cam, but can't be too picky this year. I just want to get some venison in the freezer this year!

I'm hoping that by the time the Dr. clears me for lifting, etc. I will be out in time for the rut! I will def. have to get my hands on the crank/winch device first though and will probably be in a ground blind for a little while.

I will be looking for the six pointer that was showing up on my cam, but can't be too picky this year. I just want to get some venison in the freezer this year!

I already told your wife to call me if you shoot something.  So if you don't call me, I'm gonna yell at you and then she is gonna yell at you when you get home.  Don't make me give her my number!  :rofl:

- Mack

I already told your wife to call me if you shoot something.  So if you don't call me, I'm gonna yell at you and then she is gonna yell at you when you get home.  Don't make me give her my number!  :rofl:

My wife did that to me last year after my open heart surgery.  Offered my hunting buddies a bottle of JD to rat me out if I didn't follow doctor's orders.  With my buddies, she probably could have gotten away with a single can of PBR 

• 5 weeks later...