Sign in to follow this  
BHC

How Often Do You Check Your Cams?

Now that the season is winding down, for those that keep the cams out how often will you return to check them? I'm checking them once a month

This year I'm keeping my old Moultrie I-40 out, might pull it in 2 weeks and replace it come summer. This cam is having problems as of late, takes pictures when it feels like taking pictures.

what the problem is I have no idea. I of course take a test picture before leaving and it works, and it takes a picture when I take it out of the lock box, why it doesn't go off between those two times I have no idea. A few times in 2011 and 2012 while I was in my stand I had deer and bears in front of the cam at different times and it never went off. When it takes pictures they are clear, and always fresh Duracells. I have two never used Bushnell Trophy Cams that I have since 2010, I will try them this summer/fall

Try em out. Can't hurt. Hopefully you get those other ones fixes and in working order. Have you talked to the company about getting replacements ?

It's so old they will charge more to fix then what the cam is worth

i check as often as i can so i can keep them moving around to new areas before green up.

I am using the text cams in NJ. It sends me pics so I dont have to check them. I can tell battery life and if the bait is getting low with out disturbing the area. They only time I go in is to change batteries and replenish bait. In Illinois Im using Cuddebacks which are great on the batteries and every couple months I will check them when I get out there

I am using the text cams in NJ. It sends me pics so I dont have to check them. I can tell battery life and if the bait is getting low with out disturbing the area. They only time I go in is to change batteries and replenish bait. In Illinois Im using Cuddebacks which are great on the batteries and every couple months I will check them when I get out there

that most be like Christmas checking those cards. Im jealous

I would love to have those cams that emails the pictures, they are expensive but what scares me into buying one is the fact it can get stolen.

once a month in these temps and the batteries will most likely be dead.

I pulled two cams and leave the other two out all year, I was checking them on the way in to hunt...changing the card and batteries each time...when the temps warm up I throw in a set of lithium batteries and let them go for a couple months.