Sign in to follow this  
Palawman30

The view from above

Looks good! Good luck!

PA, do you find a lot of the deer are living in the corn or travelling to it? 

I hunt a similar area and it seems like a mix of both. Certain deer don't even seem to go to the corn as far as I can tell, they live in thickets and eat acorns when I see them (unless they spend nights in the corn), while others seem to live in it and venture in and out of the edges to eat acorns and browse.

Yep! There are deer that seem to never leave the corn until it's cut. I can see corn stalks moving but they won't venture from the center of the field. Nothing we can do til it's cut. There are deer in these woods also that like to wait til almost dark and step out of the woods right into the corn. Found my first scrape today literally right below my stand right next to that cornfield.

• Agree 1

Yeah yeah yeah

I hardly ever hunt any field edges to, but the deer are in there it seems gorging themselves

Trees without needles and corn that grows from from the ground. I heard of such places... Looks like Garden of Eden lol

Nice set up.  Hunting edges is really hit or miss. Like you said, they hole up in the corn or wait until dark to walk in.