IGNORED

How many are UBNJ members?

I have been a member for the last 5 years. I have no interest in going on the hunts but I gladly pay my membership so that I can have a voice speaking out for me and other bow hunters in NJ. They worked hard on the Sunday hunting (not that I hunt on Sunday) and decreasing the 450 ft rule for bow hunting, that alone earns my dues.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a member for about 8 years. I served as mercer county rep for 2 years ( I think). I had to back out for work and family reasons. There are a bunch of good people on the council that take time out of their busy lives to support the sport we all love. A lot of good is done by the council that u never hear about. I am honored to be a part of the ubnj

:heart:i joined over 2 weeks ago still waiting for my stickers. ordered a hat and shirt that just came friday. you guys dont judge right;)

Thank you for joining. The Archers of the State is what keeps us going.

Remember that we are all volunteers to promote the sport of Archery in NJ. We do 30 day cycles for renewals or new members. At the end of the month all of the membership cards and stickers will be mailed out. If the case arises that you need to apply for a hunt and you join the day before you add the information on the application and it will be picked up by the Hunt Manager.

Tony Bretones

Union, county Rep.

i was a member for about 5-6 years i stoped paying my dues because i do not like all of their views

Hi rec913, how about helping us be better and telling us how we can improve. You can always call your county Rep or anyone in the organization. We are all ears when it comes to listening to our members. Contacts are listed on our web site.

Tony Bretones

Union, county Rep.

Not a big fan of ubnj

I am a big hunter bow hunter too.

Hi buckleader I would like to know what made you feel this way. I also hunt your county, and we have three or four hunts right under your feet in your county which are under subscribe. Deer Path up in Bethlehem, another one right off Boar Head rd. of 579 and Weekekechokee which is over 400 acres. All this hunts are available to UBNJ member. Give your Rep a call and let us know how we can help and mend the fences.

Tony Bretones

Union, county Rep.

Oh yeah.... UBNJ Life Member.

UBNJ Bergen & Passaic County Rep.

}}}--I certainly do chase New Jersey's BIG Bucks, BIG Birds, and BIG Fish--->

Best Bow Buck to date; 2011 Gross; 142 6/8
Best Gobbler to date; 2012 NWTF score of 77.5
Best Northern Pike to date; 40" (Passaic River Pike )
Best Muskie to date; (The hunt begins)

I had been a member way back when they had the first "Great Swamp" hunt. I remember standing there outside the entrance of the park and on one side were all the tree huggers and on the other side was the UBNJ some dress up with suit and tie's. The UBNJ president and council were cooking venison burgers and handing them out to who ever wanted one. I thought it was so cool to see the tree hugers drooling for one of those delicious burgers. I then dropped out of archery because of injuries that took quite a few years of my live away from archery. When I got back in a rejoined UBNJ and I saw that they had this Management program going and I apply the same year for the Turkey Hill hunt in one of the most beautiful piece of property I ever hunted. I did not know any one, I was just another new member. I was contacted to be at an orientation and qualification on a certain day and I was so impressed by the way everything was handled by those in charge. That same year I inquire on how I could help out in promoting Archery in NJ and the rest is history. I'm the Union, county Representative and even though my health has taken a step back again I try to help were ever I can. With the help of so many great organizations like the Boy Scouts, 4H, Oak Ridge Sportsman Club, Wheeling Navigators, Mike Tulley to name a few, and of course UBNJ we were able to jump one of the biggest hurdles we have ever faced in Union county. We now have a state of the art shooting facility at the Oak Ridge Archery range in Clark with over 1,200 active shooters. We have Management hunts being handle by Union county organization and clubs in diifferent parts of Union county. This is happening in every coner of the State. We need to be positive and united to achieve our goals. So please what ever problems you had in the future with UBNJ bing it to live with us and let us learn from pass or present mistakes. We are only humans and we are trying very hard to make it work for all of us. I will miss you all but will keep in touch when ever I can. I'm in the process of selling here and moving to my farm in WV.

First, let's keep these things positive. This isn't a forum to "call out" guys in an organization. If you have an issue with someone and they are on here, I would recommend utilizing the PM system to talk about it privately or emailing them directly. From there it is up to the two parties to address it.

This thread was created to see who were UBNJ members, not bash the UBNJ or it's council members.

You may have a gripe with them for whatever reason, but please don't bring that here.

I'll be cleaning up the posts here.

First' date=' let's keep these things positive. This isn't a forum to "call out" guys in an organization. If you have an issue with someone and they are on here, I would recommend utilizing the PM system to talk about it privately or emailing them directly. From there it is up to the two parties to address it.

This thread was created to see who were UBNJ members, not bash the UBNJ or it's council members.

You may have a gripe with them for whatever reason, but please don't bring that here.

I'll be cleaning up the posts here.

[/quote']

:thumb_up:

"I am the MacGyver of cooking. If you bring me a piece of bread, cabbage, coconut, mustard greens, pigs feet, pine cones...and a woodpecker, I'll make you a good chicken pot pie." — Si Robertson