IGNORED

Good luck with the new site - my intro

webmavennj

I hope that your new site is successful.

Let's see -- I am originally from Philadelphia but now reside in Waretown, NJ. My volunteer work takes me throughout the entire state which, for me, is a lot of fun.

I am active in several of our local outdoor organizations and help to coordinate the Quail in the Classroom Project for the NJ Outdoor Alliance Environmental Projects, Women's Educational Pheasant Hunt and co-chair their Bowhunt for Wounded Warriors.

I also serve as the Membership Director for the NJ State Federation of Sportsmen's Club and secretary of Black Knight Bowbenders.

I love to fish, hunt and trap. I enjoy archery and shoot field archery in the traditional class. I am a weaver and make quivers, trap baskets, build Flemish bowstrings and sell archery tackle and trapping supplies.

Guess that covers most of it.

Pola Galie aka WebmavenNJ

:welcome: Hi Pola !

}}}--I certainly do chase New Jersey's BIG Bucks, BIG Birds, and BIG Fish--->

Best Bow Buck to date; 2011 Gross; 142 6/8
Best Gobbler to date; 2012 NWTF score of 77.5
Best Northern Pike to date; 40" (Passaic River Pike )
Best Muskie to date; (The hunt begins)

Since I am the director of the New Jersey Outdoor Alliance Environmental Projects' Quail in the Classroom, I've learned a lot about having a number of prey species all in one spot while we care for them prior to release.

The first summer we housed the quail, we lost quite a few to raccoons and snakes. Ron Diehl from NJ Fur Harvesters was (and is) a huge help with the program. That fall the man in my life was going to get his snare certification so I went with him. Now, we trap together.

The 2-day class, hands on and reminded me of when I took my first hunter education course in PA in the early 60s. What I like about it is that you have to think like the animal, really pay attention to what is going on, where they are traveling and why.

When it comes to carrying capacity in a habitat and having a reason to get out in the woods every day - trapping is it. Scientific management of wildlife based on season and limits.

Gotta love it. Sorry - go on so much about it. It is just so interesting and I am learning more every day.

Pola

Trapping is honestly something I've never done' date=' but the pics and videos of it are fascinating! Definitely keep those posts/pics/videos coming!

[/quote']