Cousin Brown

How do you like your Backstrap?

Baking Stones are available most places, Walmart should have them I'm sure. No, I do not marinate with anything, the most I will do is Salt/Pepper and let sit in a closed container in the fridge for 3-4 days.

Definitely have to try Charlies vension and pizza dough combo. Sounds like a venison calzone.

I soak mine in milk overnight then remove from refrigerator and pat dry.

Season generously with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, coat lightly with olive oil after seasoning

Allow meat to reach room temperature (no refrigeration for 3-4 hours)

Preheat grill as high as temp will go

Grill for about 90 seconds on each side and voila, done

Serve with a nice room-temperature syrah/shiraz or Cab Sav.

I like mine with a little cianti and some faava beans. Oh, we're talking about deer backstraps. Uh, yeah I like them on the grill too. Joking -- what else would I be talking about? Actually, I like to cut them up into very thin strips; do the same with some chicken and get some Fajitas setup. I don't kill the straps with too much seasoning (if any) because all of the sides, etc, usually have enough to go around.

I like my backstraps like I like my stomach acids....

...IN MY BELLY!!!!

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

Made this on Tuesday...

0785D981-EAF4-4B38-A0A6-4D7968CA583F-1451-000000D443CD2436_zps80f41d21.jpg

Backstraps with red peppers and onions sauteed in olive oil and garlic pepper seasoning then served over wild rice...:cook:

Marinate in Olive oil, soy sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder and a teaspoon of Ginger powder. Grill it but don't overcook it, should be pink throughout!

My Daughter says it's the best meat in the world!!!!!:cook::cook:

The steak rub is key. Grilled to 120 degrees then let it rest for at lest 15 to 20 minutes, slice and enjoy. 

1796994_10203300490854284_51196756635933

10548825_10203300490694280_5479246244642

• Agree 1

Poor mans venison. Hot pan with butter salt and pepper. Simple but delicious

Think this week Ill try marinade in olive oil steak seasoning and soy maybe add a little bar b que and throw it on a hot pan. No grill in my apt! grrrr

a little butter on a frying pan. cracked pepper over backstrap( i like a lot of pepper). very high heat for very short time. i like them very rare, sometimes they are still cold in the middle

Garlic salt,pepper and some parmigiano. Wrap in prosciutto cook on grill high and fast I like rare. Or just garlic salt and pepper. Heat pain than cook about a minute each side and that's it

We made backstrap sandwiches at work this summer and you have never heard such inappropriate noises coming from a group of men.   :rofl:

I brought in backstraps from a young tender deer that were sliced an inch thick and marinated in teriyaki.

Another guy brought in zucchini from his garden that were also sliced and marinated (Italian dressing).

We grilled the venison and zucchini.

2 other guys brought in homemade rolls and homemade cole slaw.

Hot grilled venison and zucchini with the cold crunchy cole slaw on fresh baked soft flaky rolls.  It was stinking amazing.  

Wrap it in bacon and grill em

why ruin the taste with bacon. its vension. 

just a thought. seems like everyone wraps bacon around everything. i dont use bacon for any cooking. i only eat bacon by itself

I like backstraps grilled the best. Do them a lot in the summer with fresh vegetables from the garden. Either with a mesquite seasoning or just brush with olive oil, kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper. 

Did one over a bed of sauted kale and cubanelle peppers, with a side of fresh Jersey tomatoes.

20150721_124844_zpsjd2iknb0.jpg

Next morning I had more of the backstrap with a 3 pepper omelette (bell, cubanelle and pablano peppers from the garden).

20150814_090012_zpsa9twlsln.jpg

Last week, had a good day perch fishing so I made a South Jersey surf and turf. Fried White perch, dredged seasoned flour and did the backstrap in the smoker. 225 for about an hour is all it took to get to 135 IT. Just coated it with olive oil, then kosher salt and coarse ground black pepper, hickory wood for smoke. Made a tartar sauce for the fish and horseradish dipping sauce for the venison. Was outstanding. 

20151023_192727_zpskqp8bqwo.jpg

• Agree 2