Rusty

Are you a bowhunter or a deer hunter?

For deer I'm a bow hunter.

---------------------------------------

Nothing like a warm barrel.

You seem like a conflicted young man. :rofl:

Not so young. I use a gun for every thing else.

I just love deer hunting with a bow this season ,I'm going

To use just my longbow.

I guess I've always been a bit conflicted.

I am strictly a Bowhunter. I bowhunt deer in NJ and once out of state. I have bowhunted bear in Canada twice and really enjoyed that. I bowhunt woodchucks and have in the past bowfished too. Also I shoot "indoors" target and in the past NFAA outdoor events. I like 3D tournaments. For me there is something special about shooting a bow and watching the arrow sink into the X ring, or in the pocket on an animal. I like the closeness that a bow requires with game. I enjoy the feeling of a proper shot breaking and seeing the arrow strike home. Just my opinion and your experiences may vary...

I am a hunter, always have been. I hunt with the gun and bow for many differant species. Some only use the bow for deer and to me a real "bowhunter" goes after other species with the bow aswell:thumb_up:

bowhunt the majority of the time. When I get a shotgun in my hand it seems I seem too make too many headshots :\

I am a deer hunter whose favorite method to hunt is with a bow. I also hunt with a shotgun on 6 day and a muzzleloader. I just enjoy hunting the whitetail deer period.

Deer hunter' date=' I am a hunter of deer and enjoy all manners of legal deer harvest.

[/quote']

Same here!

IMO there's no shame in switching it up to a shotgun or muzzy once in a while....4 months with the bow and im ready to switch it up, winter bow is tough, to be able to get out there with the single shot slug gun is the same as a muzzy in my eyes. Your only going to get one shot. Drives on the ground I prefer buckshot =)

Im an equal opportunity employer... I use whatever get the job done including bow, crossbow, rifle, shotgun, muzzy and my favorite the Slingshot

While I think this is an asinine question that serves no other purpose but to stir a pot, simply put, I hunt. Whether I choose to use my bow or my shotgun to harvest a deer, it is my choice, but my goal is the same -- harvest a nice deer and have a story to tell with friends over a beverage of his or her choosing. We are all hunters -- regardless of weapon.

We splitin hairs here? I am primarily a traditional bowhunter BUT on average I hunt 1 to 4 days a year with a gun not always many years I never pick up iron.

All but 1 of my out of state hunts has been with the bow (Took my sidelock ML for Elk once).

I hear guys who toy with the idea of hunting with traditional bows say "But what if the biggest buck of my life shows up and thats all I have?"

MY big fear is he shows when I have a gun; twice I have let good bucks walk past because I just couldn't shoot them with a shotgun stupid I know but sometimes thats just how I am.

While I think this is an asinine question that serves no other purpose but to stir a pot

Somebody’s panties are on a little too tight.

How is this question meant to stir the pot?

Some guys are more interested in the archery aspect of hunting and other guys are more focused on the deer that they harvest. There have been years where my focus was on using traditional archery equipment and I really didn’t care if I shot a monster buck or not. During those years I would have considered myself a bowhunter. Other years I have been more focused on harvesting a specific buck and I used every legal means to get the job done. If I was asked this question then I would have considered myself a deer hunter.

Our interests and goals change as we mature as hunters. This question is not divisive in any way.

It is simply a way to see where everyone is at in their journey.