Sign in to follow this  
chris n

anyone fish Tournaments?

anybody on here fish Tournaments?

I fished over 40 last year...two clubs and a bunch of opens. Taking a new approach this year as I have less time with work...still fishing one club plus the BASS nation...and as many opens as I can...but now that I have my own boat its time to start messing with new things and learning as much as possible.

:fishing:

I've only fished in one tourney and didn't catch anything, although the winning fish was caught in the same lake the next day. What kind of boat do you have ?

just a 12ft basstender. Nothing special but in Jersey its all I need since its mostly electric. As I get older and start making more money ill upgrade accordingly.

Nice, I got my first boat 2 years ago, just a 12 foot jon boat which I have 6hp motor on, hoping to also upgrade as time goes on

just a 12ft basstender. Nothing special but in Jersey its all I need since its mostly electric. As I get older and start making more money ill upgrade accordingly.

good call. I think i's funny when I pass some guy in a Z7 with 300hp on the back at round valley with my 14' pontoon boat with a 9.9.:rofl: not not many places in nj to use something like that.

I will be fishing the BFL northeast div. this year, I want to see how far I can go, back in '08 I fished the state championship for Florida, and just missed co-angler of the year. Then in '09 I fished one BFL on Champlain and tied for 4th, though I really haven't fished a tournament for a few years, but still fish bass heavy during the season.

I started out in Redman then we moved over to NJBF. I fished trnys for 25 years Chris. Won one time on the Potomac lol. Had lots of fun tho. Just remember wear your sunblock. I am paying for not doing it now.