Sign in to follow this  
JJoe

How are conditions in Raritan Bay?

Anyone been in the bay since the storm? Any debris or new hazards to watch for?

joe i havent heard of any major hazards that the storm left..i havent been out myself but have been in touch with guys that work on the boats out of AH and they said besides the harbor being destroyed and the lighthouse being wiped out its not so bad

Yea it was old orchard..they are planning in raising it..I believe it was cast iron so it may be intact..hit by a 25 footer

Yea it was old orchard..they are planning in raising it..I believe it was cast iron so it may be intact..hit by a 25 footer

WOW!

I remember getting fogged in there one year with Scrubby, Ms.Grit and Elusive while striper fishing. Man, it was nice to know that Lighthouse was nearby by!

wow..hopefully they do raise it.. It was a great point of reference for hacks like myself, who had a hard time figuring out where he is most of the time...even in Raritain bay....:D

wow..hopefully they do raise it.. It was a great point of reference for hacks like myself' date=' who had a hard time figuring out where he is most of the time...even in Raritain bay....:D

[/quote']

X2 hope they do raise it although i'm boat less now. Just got the insurance check and its not enough to replace what I had. Might have to look to do some charters with some of the guys now.

Sorry to hear about the insurance..they are beating everyone up and not keeping their end of the bargain for many..we will be doin a bunch of charters so keep checking in and I'm sure we will get out together a few tines

Sorry to hear about the insurance..they are beating everyone up and not keeping their end of the bargain for many..we will be doin a bunch of charters so keep checking in and I'm sure we will get out together a few tines

Amen. We're always out

Word is from the guys on the dredge barges that there are a lot of boat submerged in the bay.. They do have them marked and when temperatures allow. They will be to salvage boat.. Also taking with the Belford gang a lot of sunken debri is a issue..

Leave the tower down there it would make for some great structure.

Although its not in the bay I heard the wreck of the arundo is gone. Completely blown away and that was in 60-75 ft of water.

I believe it..there were some monster waves out there..and the Arundo was a great wreck