remingtonman1108

So, what does everyone do for work around here?

Semi-retired, former systems analyst for Metlife. Looking for consulting work full time or part-time.

• Agree 1

Cobal anyone ?????  Die Hard Main Framer...  IBM 370-168   I hate Servers !

I worked on a RSTS/E in high school, did some timeshare via a teletype coding Pascal at Dartmouth (the timeshare was located there, we just had a connection to it).  Did some 6502 assembler for kicks and phreaked until they made it a crime.   :nerd:

Sadly, I do not have punchcards, but my father does with his slide rule collection (no, that's not a joke).

• Agree 1

Electrical Designer trying to move to Telecommunications and go after my RCDD. Working with programs like Revit and Autocad but mainly Revit. Ive been doing this for about 3 years. Used to work on a charter boat in the keys out of Key Largo and did maintenance for about 250 residential units for a little over 6 years. I really wish I could find something closer to home or something that allowed more time in the woods and on the water :lookaround:

• Agree 1

I worked on a RSTS/E in high school, did some timeshare via a teletype coding Pascal at Dartmouth (the timeshare was located there, we just had a connection to it).  Did some 6502 assembler for kicks and phreaked until they made it a crime.   :nerd:

Sadly, I do not have punchcards, but my father does with his slide rule collection (no, that's not a joke).

hahah HH, I have a box of 2,000 un-used Punch Cards.. card gauge, lots of D.P. antique goodies, Silo tapes.... lmao

• Agree 1

Sales Engineer for HVAC industry. Specialty is in VFD applications and low leakage generator damper projects. I run the end user division in NJ and NY so I deal mostly with facilities personnel and deal with local 68 and local 94 operators.

• Agree 1

Two businesses...landscaping for 30 years, now mostly maintenenace......and we also have an estate sale business estatesalesbyolga.com....weve done over 450 sales and we buy and sell antique and vintage items....

• Agree 2

Cobal anyone ?????  Die Hard Main Framer...  IBM 370-168   I hate Servers !

That would be me, I'm still writing COBOL. Sr Developer.

• Agree 2

Trucker just drive a semi and listen to sports radio

Axiom is also a trucker........hmmmm mmmmmmm

Is 2+2 equaling 4?

• Agree 1

Control Room Operator of a nuclear power plant. Sailed ships commercially before that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk