remingtonman1108

So, what does everyone do for work around here?

Just to update mine.... Was just promoted to Sales Supervisor at Cablevision/Optimum! Yay me!

• Agree 2

New here.

Formerly a equipment operator for a company that moved to DE. After relocating to DE the company went under do to the economy. Currently collecting unemployment and doing odd and ends jobs here an there. In my spare time I work with non-profit organizational groups assisting in activities and group talks for troubled and struggling male preteens and teens youths with everyday life issues helping them with structure and coping with what teens deal with on a daily basis. Relocating back to PA or NJ soon for employment and from a breakup . Next job will be a male gigolo like Deuce Bigalow lol.

Retired from my first job after 32 years, foreman in the South River DPW. Now working for an engineering firm doing construction inspection and collecting a pension...wishing I didn't have to work.

• Agree 1

I am a I.A.T.S.E. union studio mechanic in NYC, which is like a stagehand only I make films, TV shows and commercials. I do the lighting and I'm an electrician. 33yrs. 

• Agree 2

Police Dispatcher 911 operator. Used to own a landscaping business. Trying to get hired as a cop while being a partner with my dad in his Italian pork store in north nj.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree 2

I'm kinda in between jobs...

WillCodeHTMLForFood.gif

Haha kidding, I see I never added my own profession in this topic. I'm a software developer in the healthcare industry, primarily government programs (Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial [aka Obamacare]). And NO I have nothing to do with the government's massacre of their website or how they handle their implementation...my company just keys off their mandates/programs and develops analytic based products around them. :)

• Agree 1

I'm a software developer in the healthcare industry, primarily government programs (Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial [aka Obamacare]). And NO I have nothing to do with the government's massacre of their website or how they handle their implementation...my company just keys off their mandates/programs and develops analytic based products around them. :)

Oh you're one of those people.  I'm on the data center side and am usually saying, "No, no matter how many vCPUs and RAM I allocate to your crappy 32-bit code it will not work any better..."

Haha, fortunately our stuff runs pretty well...I haven't had to work with the data center guys much at all (yet). The scale of the Commercial app is huge, so I might be one of those people at some point! C'mon just throw more resources at it...make it work!!! :rofl:

• Agree 1

Haha, fortunately our stuff runs pretty well...I haven't had to work with the data center guys much at all (yet). The scale of the Commercial app is huge, so I might be one of those people at some point! C'mon just throw more resources at it...make it work!!! :rofl:

Translation:  "No, no, my code doesn't suck..."   :rofl:

• Agree 1