remingtonman1108

So, what does everyone do for work around here?

Ironworker Local 399

What Territory is Local 399? When I was in Local 10 Sheet Metal Newark we shared the same building with an Ironworker local in same building Local ???? 

Sheet Metal Mechanic, fabricator.

If your were Union What Local I was Local 10 16 years before GM Millwright 

If your were Union What Local I was Local 10 16 years before GM Millwright

I am moving now, i will be IBEW local 3 as soon as I am able, filled the aplication already

36 years at Gm there was almost 3000 people 2 shifts production 3 Shifts Maintenance we were scheduled 7 days a week.  The name is Very Familiar was he a Millwright? 

Yes, a Millwright at the GM plant in Linden. He worked there for some 30 years, right up until the time they started to shut plant. He lived in West Orange at that time. Owen Sturm was a really nice man.

Owen has the cap on .....

owen.jpg

Yes, a Millwright at the GM plant in Linden. He worked there for some 30 years, right up until the time they started to shut plant. He lived in West Orange at that time. Owen Sturm was a really nice man.

Owen has the cap on .....

Yes, I know Owen for many years Like you said a really nice man and a good Millwright. I never saw him without that Hat  ;)

Say hello when U C him. 

Edited by 1957Buck

Yes, I know Owen for many years Like you said a really nice man and a good Millwright. I never saw him without that Hat  ;)

Say hello when U C him. 

I'm very sorry to tell you that Owen was killed in 2011.

Owen and his wife moved to Long Valley after he retired from GM.The Halloween storm that hit New Jersey that year was a bad ice storm up here in Morris County ... damaging trees and power lines. Owen was cutting down a damaged tree in his yard, and it fell on him. He died a few days later in the hospital. Very sad.

Whenever my sons, or anyone, is doing tree work ... I always remind them to be super careful. Owen was an intelligent man. Always did things the correct way. Would never be careless. Still ... he was killed.

Project Manager for a construction firm.  Just wrapped up a build in Garfield and starting a 3 story school in North Plainfield. 

• Agree 1

I'm very sorry to tell you that Owen was killed in 2011.

Owen and his wife moved to Long Valley after he retired from GM.The Halloween storm that hit New Jersey that year was a bad ice storm up here in Morris County ... damaging trees and power lines. Owen was cutting down a damaged tree in his yard, and it fell on him. He died a few days later in the hospital. Very sad.

Whenever my sons, or anyone, is doing tree work ... I always remind them to be super careful. Owen was an intelligent man. Always did things the correct way. Would never be careless. Still ... he was killed.

Just found this reply Had no Idea what happened to Owen Sad God Bless him. Bill

Retired union painter/paperhanger.   Painted the Pequest hatchery when it was built, new and old Giants stadiums and training center, Arena, Devils locker rooms when they first started out, graphics at Jack Lalannes, most hospitals north of rt22, drug plants, and office buildings.  Still having nightmares 6 years later..

NOT A DAM THING,R E T I R E D! 14 YEARS NOW AND LOVING IT.

I was at my financial advisor's office last week and he told me that I can retire five years after I'm dead. So, there's hope for me.

Science teacher.   Love teaching the kids about biology.  When we study populations I slip in info about game mgmt.  You'd be surprised how little today's kids know about the outdoors. It's actually kind of sad to me.

• Agree 3