Sign in to follow this  
stiks

Glad to see this section

I am glad to see that trapping has its own section. I know that trapping numbers are out weighed by hunting and fishing.But when we get to talking about trapping it really seems to strike an interest in people and they come up with many questions.

I am glad to see that trapping has its own section. I know that trapping numbers are out weighed by hunting and fishing.But when we get to talking about trapping it really seems to strike an interest in people and they come up with many questions.

Absolutely. Great tool to utilize for beginner and even experienced trappers to share tips and tactics.

I know very little about trapping but it's absolutely fascinating! It's certainly one of the forums I keep an eye on and enjoy the posts, pics, and sharing of knowledge! :thumb_up:

If i had more time it would definitely be something that i would get into. I would love to walk a line with someone to see the ins and outs of it. I can even show you new ground with tons of fox yotes and coons.

Allmann where are you located? My dog line has gone from 6 to 14 sets in 3 days. I keep seeing more and more oportunities

more areas?

word is you have every culvert and ditch set along 77.

lol

i like the separate trapping section.

i hav eto stop mentioning culverts and ditches in the class, I am getting bumped out by new trappers

i have a few joe, hows things moving over your way? the coons and rats started running like mad during the warm up.and now it snows.

i only have a short line going.

was doing good before the cold, then it slowed.

caught during the warm up, then it slowed.

making some moves tomorrow.

I also enjoy the trapping section, very interesting and something id like to learn. It also seems like there was an increase in waterfowl hunting posts this year, which has gotten me a lot more interested. I got a waterfowl stamp with my new license then found out the season ended. Maybe I'll get to try it next year!

I have a trapper with a line on my farm. I check his line everyday before he does lol. Sometimes he beats me by putting out a new snare I dont know about but most times I find whats there. He traps smart. If we get a female Fox we just let it go. Not as easy as it sounds for sure. You would be amazed at how many fox you can get off of 180 acres. He averages 12 a year not counting the releases and ones I shoot around the chicken coop. Yea this is one of my favorite sections. I hope GG comes over. His posts are great.

finally a site with not just one trapping section' date=' but 2!

[/quote']

If you want to see more subforums, let me know...I can always add them if you guys will find them useful! :thumb_up: