IGNORED

How many are done with NJH?

IanB21

i havent been able to stand the site for the past 6 months. one thing that really irks me is people sellng guns and ammo and ripping off fellow hunters. just saw a post on there for 11 boxes of 5.56 ammo for $300.00. unreal considering i just saw 9.99 a box at cabelas last week, and someone said 8.99 at Dicks. anyway i am done with that Hack of a site

HVAC Solutions Heating & Cooling https://www.facebook.com/solutionsforHVAC

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved NJH in so many ways. It was the first site to really boom and bring everyone together, before that we had nj hunting forums, but nothing like what NJH became. I can honestly say I don't think we'd have this site if it weren't for NJH. Met a lot of great friends over there too and it brought people together for the good many times over.

My ONLY problem (and it's a big one) was that the site was sold, and a new owner NEVER once tried to reach out to the moderators, not even after approximately 5 months had gone by!

We were left with people asking all kinds of questions and we held no answers.

If Kris still owned it and cared about it, I'd still be there! I probably wouldn't even be here and that's no offense to Matt, he's done an excellent job and I actually think this site is laid out a bit better, but I wouldn't want to turn on the original. Then again, we wouldn't have a need for NJFNG if Kris had sold it to Matt as Matt had offered so many times, or if Kris had just kept an interest in it.

However, Kris has sworn up and down that he doesn't own it anymore and it's obvious the new owner doesn't give two poops, with no updates, no acceptance of local advertisers, no contact with the mods/admin, etc. Guys like Sam3, JJoe, MS22 (the list goes on and on and includes lots of regular members as well) put so much time into giving ideas there and taking their time to moderate a site that constantly required heavy moderation beyond what we could provide, these guys didn't deserve to be shunned by a new owner.

So FFFFForget them! The new owner can go pound salt!

But alas, it will always be the original nj hunting forum that brought us all together so in some ways it's very unfortunate but I have to believe it will probably self-destruct in a relatively short period of time.

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

I loved NJH in so many ways. It was the first site to really boom and bring everyone together' date=' before that we had nj hunting forums, but nothing like what NJH became. I can honestly say I don't think we'd have this site if it weren't for NJH. Met a lot of great friends over there too and it brought people together for the good many times over.

My ONLY problem (and it's a big one) was that the site was sold, and a new owner NEVER once tried to reach out to the moderators, not even after approximately 5 months had gone by!

We were left with people asking all kinds of questions and we held no answers.

If Kris still owned it and cared about it, I'd still be there! I probably wouldn't even be here and that's no offense to Matt, he's done an excellent job and I actually think this site is laid out a bit better, but I wouldn't want to turn on the original. Then again, we wouldn't have a need for NJFNG if Kris had sold it to Matt as Matt had offered so many times, or if Kris had just kept an interest in it.

However, Kris has sworn up and down that he doesn't own it anymore and it's obvious the new owner doesn't give two poops, with no updates, no acceptance of local advertisers, no contact with the mods/admin, etc. Guys like Sam3, JJoe, MS22 (the list goes on and on and includes lots of regular members as well) put so much time into giving ideas there and taking their time to moderate a site that constantly required heavy moderation beyond what we could provide, these guys didn't deserve to be shunned by a new owner.

So FFFFForget them! The new owner can go pound salt!

But alas, it will always be the original nj hunting forum that brought us all together so in some ways it's very unfortunate but I have to believe it will probably self-destruct in a relatively short period of time.

[/quote']

you hit the nail on the head here. those of you who dont know what it was like when NJH first started, well your finding out now, right here!!! I met alot of good people on NJH and reconnecting with most of you again on here. If you cant come on and have fun and not be criticized then there is no point. Which is why i love this new page

HVAC Solutions Heating & Cooling https://www.facebook.com/solutionsforHVAC

Woj, another guy that was crucial in making NJH what it was! Cast aside as if he's nothing. The new owner of NJH makes my blood boil. :censored:

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear

I can certainly understand concerns of the moderators on NJH in being abandoned. The main reason I jumped over here and yet remain on NJH is that I see a quick downhill for that site with this one rising out of its ashes. That's a shame, but it was brought on solely by the site's new ownership and not by any other reason. The only trouble I see right now - and I think it will be short term - is the exact same posts on two sites by the same posters. Which one do you weigh in on? Most of us don't have time for both.

BTW, I like the new site and hope it will be very successful moving forward.

I was an early member of NJH. It was a great site when it started but it surely went down hill . In the early days there was so much knowledge and good advice out there that one could gather without being attacked or accused of being an idiot or outlaw. Too many people became judge and jury before knowing or not paying attention the facts. Stuff the mods could not keep up with, and not their fault. All things need a leader weather it be a directly involved or behind the scenes. This being the reason I was not posting or very concerned about being on or finding out what has gone on over there. My only hope is that this site stays true to the course everybody's input can be a great thing. I just hope as people post on here they do not get attacked, or convicted by people who think they are detectives. And know it all's

Just my opinions

Redneck's Pride staffer

Have climber will travel

I am relatively new to online hunting/fishing sites, but have hunted and fished in many areas with many different people my entire life. I can say that some of the creeps over on NJH are just there to stir up crap, and more than likely havn't had the experiences that I have had with hunting and fishing with elders and people who guided me and taught me right from wrong. I have to stop and think how horrible that must be, to have say such nonsense over and over, it's pretty sad. But I am so grateful that others took it upon themselves and created this one over here. So thank you very much.:cool:

Paul M. Ross

REALTOR

Coldwell Banker Sales Associate

908-943-8842

PAUL THE PAINTER

INTERIOR PAINTING

HUNTERDON/WARREN COUNTIES

908-943-8842

The only trouble I see right now - and I think it will be short term - is the exact same posts on two sites by the same posters. Which one do you weigh in on? Most of us don't have time for both.

BTW, I like the new site and hope it will be very successful moving forward.

Brian my simple answer would be, put your efforts in here if you want to continue the growth forward.

NJH has no leadership. Most of the moderators have given up on trying to control the Wild West, so I have to believe anything you do there is with the understanding that the future is very dark and uncertain.

Here, our future looks bright.

Hope you stay here and share your knowledge with us and maybe learn some things too. :beer: (mines a coke, I don't drink. lol)

Brian my simple answer would be' date=' put your efforts in here if you want to continue the growth forward.

NJH has no leadership. Most of the moderators have given up on trying to control the Wild West, so I have to believe anything you do there is with the understanding that the future is very dark and uncertain.

Here, our future looks bright.

Hope you stay here and share your knowledge with us and maybe learn some things too. :beer: (mines a coke, I don't drink. lol)

[/quote']

You got me, Matty! :kissy:

I enjoy both the learning and the teaching aspects of sites like these. I know I'm not happy unless I'm learning something new every day!