Sign in to follow this  
BHC

NJ Bear Hunt 2013

So who thinks more bears will be roaming the woods this up coming season versus this past season?

With less bears taken in NJ and the weather for the week for the most part was just down right crap, I'm sure we will have more bears this year. Not sure how the boarding counties of PA & NY did during their bear hunting season, this will also influence our bear season.

Where I hunt I'm still seeing tracks in the snow, even when we had that very cold week

PA sucked!!! nothing all week, then first day of buck i have a 200lber walk right up the mtn 10 yards from me smh. next year

I would love to see a bow season for bear in this state.:whoo:

Was told not to expect this for atleast the next 4-5 years.

So who thinks more bears will be roaming the woods this up coming season versus this past season?

With less bears taken in NJ and the weather for the week for the most part was just down right crap' date=' I'm sure we will have more bears this year. Not sure how the boarding counties of PA & NY did during their bear hunting season, this will also influence our bear season.

Where I hunt I'm still seeing tracks in the snow, even when we had that very cold week

[/quote']

The 5 I had at my primary "Bear Hunting" spot have not been seen on or off camera since right after Sandy hit and I think before next season I'm going to have to get some help and get in there with a few chain saws. It's a small piece of private property and I really can't manuver the property without having to climb over and under the masses of downed trees. Have also only seen 2 bb's since the storm at that spot.

I'd definitely be into it with the bow, 4-5 years is a ways off...but at least there is some potential on the horizon! :thumb_up:

I would like to see an early season Bear hunt in September were the hunters can hunt with a muzzy, shotgun, or bow for them. I know so many hunters are pushing for a bow bear hunt, but I don't want to see the other hunter getting left behind. I will admit it, when I hunt with a bow I use a crossbow. I do not hunt or even own a shotgun but would eventually like to own one. I am strictly a muzzleloader hunter. I have been a muzzy hunter for the past 20 years. I believe if an early season opens up we should all have the opportunity to hunt for bears.

Early Muzzy season would be welcomed here...

Did notice less population this season on our property.

Prior years I could count three and four at a time during bow season.

A few times had the whole family directly under my bow stand, way cool.